Your Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie born but english / Irish heritage

I'm 41 and a first generation Canadian of Scotish parents.

41 years old and first generation Canadian of Scotish parents.

I'm English & Scotch-Irish on father's side and predominately Swiss on mother's. If my PLS is genetic, it appears to have come from my father's side.

Johnny - I think my maiden name (Thayer) and my married name (Burton) are both Welsh.

Irish descent on both sides of the family - but I believe my neurological problems stem from my dad's side of the family. He had Parkinson's, my uncle was told he had ALS 10 years ago, aunt also neurological problems, and about 6 family members have had the L4/L5 back surgery unbeknownst to me before I had my surgery in May 2010. Onset of balance issues began in August 2010.

Irish descent on both sides of the family - but I believe my neurological problems stem from my dad's side of the family. He had Parkinson's, my uncle was told he had ALS 10 years ago, aunt also neurological problems, and about 6 family members have had the L4/L5 back surgery unbeknownst to me before I had my surgery in May 2010. Onset of balance issues began in August 2010.

Hi debra,
Is there any English decent on your dad's side?

For Christmas I gave my husband the National Geographic Genome project test kit. You may think you are one thing, but you are really another! (actually a hodge podge of things....)

I then would be an odd case as I don't think I may have English or Irish on my family tree, unless I overlooked several generations ago.
My paternal grandparents are from Bilbao, Spain and maternal are from PR.
My ALS is Sporadic, though.

Carlos

My first post!

I am Japanese-Canadian, third generation born in Canada on my mother's side and second generation born in Canada on my father's side.

My aunt (father's sister) and me have both been diagnosed with ALS in the past month or so. It's not clear if this is the familial or sporadic variety. When I read about people with ALS, they most often seem to be Caucasian (likely due to the Caucasian-majority population in English-speaking countries). I am curious, though, about its prevalence in Asian people--Japanese specifically--and I wonder if there are many Asian PALS on this board.

I know i have Irish and English, but i am sporadic, not familial.

My maternal grandmother passed away in 1973. Her family came from France, England, Scotland and Ireland. I am currently being tested to disover why I have weakness and atrophy in both my hands.

French, Irish, German. A European mutt.

I am Swedish on my Mom's side and German and English on my Dad's side... I've read somewhere that there may be a higher rate in Germany but not sure.

I am Scotch/ Irish and have been diagnosed with Pick's disease and Upper ALS bulber symptions since April 2013. Larry 1941

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back