Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Westminster
City
London
Good Morning ladies and gents,

I am hoping to shed some light on something that really is baffling me as i have been worried for nearly 3 years but have not really come to vent or ask any questions. i am 26 and an ex soldier.

it starts in my right ring finger when i pinch my thumb and ring finger on my right hand it feels like its really hard to do so.
Also when i space my fingers out and and use my left hand fingers to squeeze them in pairs like what a doctor would do my finger just seems to not be as strong as my left hand and i am right hand dominant. when i purposely try and and do things using just my right hand thumb and finger even pinch paper together with both hands and seeing which one gives in first. i can open and squeeze my both my hands easily. i can do push ups, not pull ups anymore due to putting on some poundage :lol:

i am probably panicking for no reason but i have come to the conclusion i do need to get it off my chest. if this is nothing that sounds like a reason for me being here then i shall be gone. any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care all

You don't belong on an ALS forum at all. Good news.
Speak to your doctor, see a chiro or RMT, go to see a physio. Three years with no symptoms other than a perceived weaker ring finger is a stretch. Pretty sure you are aware of that, so perhaps stay off the Dr Google and go see a doctor with your concerns if it's creating anxiety.

Good luck

As a soldier, I would suppose that you used a lot of fine motor function in your hands. The dominant hand gets more use, so it can be more at risk for repetitive motion injury. And less of an exercise routine currently owing to the extra poundage (which may be related in other ways) could affect your hands and overall outlook as well.

After three years, if MND were in the picture, though very rare at your age, you would be speaking of much more than your fingers.

You might look at carpal tunnel exercises on YouTube that open up the wrist and fingers, do them morning and night, and if they do not help see your GP. You might also see to your overall weight and fitness. You could even see a massage therapist, ask someone else or do self-massage each finger individually where you bring fluid up toward the arm, with occasional moist heat as well. But no, we will not see any reason for concern relative to MND.

Best,
Laurie

Hello,

Thank you for your replies i think because my body jerks in random places and things just feel fatigued all the time.
but you all know far more about this disgusting disease than i do. i wish you all the best and have a fantastic 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back