00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hello everyone,
First I wanted to say that I do not mean to offend anyone but I am in a scared limbo situation.Ok,I am an 18 year old male and my first symptom was 2 years ago.
My right leg felt weak and I was walking weird but then it went away.However, when time was passing by I noticed dyshpagia and my right wrist getting weaker and pretty sure lost some muscle.I tried not to think about it since my parents reassured it me how rare it is and we went to a neurologist who only checked for reflexes and strenght.
Sadly ,up until recently I noticed that my left wrist has that same feeling as my right one and I noticed some drop foot which got me so scared,also forgot to mention an odd feeling at the back of my head like movement or Smth is there....
Anyway,all of this got me really scared and depressed and made me realise how much I love my family and appreciate life. I managed to make an appointment with a neuro the next Tuesday , I am really scared and really bad thoughts going on..... Sorry for the mumbling and I hope you are all hanging there :wink:

Nothing in your post sounds like ALS. I think it will be best for you to stop researching something you don't have, keep your neuro appointment, and feel free to report back AFTER you've seen the neuro.

Best wishes.

Hello and thanks for making time to bother with me.Anyway, went for an emg today and had needles and some voltage sent through my nerves or smth like that (sucked lol).The results came back normal in the muscles that i was twitching and had some atrophy like the thenar muscle (the muscle between thumb and index),calves and bicep.
However, i read some cases that had clean emg and then developed mnd and i am afraid i am back in my world obssesing again about the possibilities and my physical symptoms like my right foot feels awkard when running, right bicep cant grow muscle and have difficulty swallowing....
After all that mumbling i wanted to ask if i had twitching in an area because of low motor neuron lession wouldnt that show in the emg ?

...Sorry for my mumbling but i am really nervous because i have this symptoms like 3 years and i understand that i am probably a naive 18 y/o thinking about the statistics but i really want to move on with finals, summer etc.... thank you for your time !

Steve-

You've been cleared with that emg. If a nerve is affected by the disease to extent it was twitching like you've stated, it would show on the emg.

ALS IS NOT THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE TWITCH. I'm saying it loudly so you understand how important that statement is. Exactly like assuming a cough means you have lung cancer. Please don't insist folk here continue to have to reassure you- you've been cleared of ALS and need to search elsewhere for your reasons for your symptoms.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back