you know what bugs me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I shouldn't be ranting on Thanksgiving, but it drives me crazy that people think my Tobii is their TV and that they can comment on what I'm reading or looking at. When would you ever look at someone's laptop or phone over their shoulder? I want to put up a little sign that says " this is my personal computer, not your tv."

When you know they're coming, just put something repulsive on the screen. I'm thinking of a politician now. 😂
Thanks for bringing this up. I'd probably look, too. I have a natural curiosity that sometimes gets inappropriate......like looking into medicine cabinets. I even go through doctors' drawers when I'm waiting for them to come into the room. :geek::eek:
Guess I won't be getting invitations from any of you.......

Someone stole my Russian nesting toys. Must’ve been Kim.

The only thing I ever took was a couple of cheap acupuncture needles......I didn't know you could buy them online.

I did see a psychiatrist who ALWAYS kept me waiting in his office. He was head of psychiatry in the hospital so I would just walk in his office and wait for him. The hospital was right next to the college and we had students do clinics at the hospital. I would always let him have trainees in during my sessions and one of them was in my ethics class. I guess it didn't look good when that student followed the doctor in and I was going over my chart sitting in the doctor's desk. I saw the horror on the doctor's face when my student said, "Hi Dr. Belden." I looked at the two of them and said, "what brings you in today?" 😂

What bugs me: pushy invasive pharmaceutical reps.

My thing back in my doctor days was teasing pharmaceutical reps who would come to my office. I always considered their visits to my office an invasion of my time. They always dressed up like attorneys or undertakers. One day two of them came in together in their black suits and ties. I looked at them and said, “I presume you’re here for the body?”

Another occasion, on Halloween, I came dressed as the Grim Reaper, complete with mask and creepy skeleton gloves. When the rep came in to give me his spiel, I walked over to him in full costume — mask, black cloak, hood, and gloves. I listened to him very politely. I figured that if I let him take up my time, I would show him the lighter side of death. 😈

Drug reps bother patients, too. Why do those women wear friggin high heels? Yes, I know the answer. Serve them right if they get drop foot from those heels. Also, they should stop putting drug ads on TV.

Wow. I finally found a section for ranting. I've actually had a person say to me "Oh, you haven't gone all Stephen Hawking yet?" because I can still sit upright. And I can still do a little cooking, sitting in my chair, and people will say to my husband (not me; guess I'm invisible), "You mean she can cook safely?" Once had a neighbor ask "How are you managing to keep your hair clean?" Gotta laugh; and yes, I can still do that people!

and people will say to my husband (not me; guess I'm invisible), "You mean she can cook safely?"
Yeah, don’t you love it when people speak about you in the third person when you’re right there?

I had a home health aide come over to bathe me the other day (that’s a story in itself). When she was about 5 feet away from me, I heard her say to my partner about me, “Oh she’s so sweet”. She insisted on calling me “sweetie” multiple times, but I let it go because that’s probably her way, and she probably calls all her clients “sweetie” so she doesn’t have to remember our names.

The word "Progressing"

Some will ask, "How's he doing." Ann will say or someone will say..."He's progressing.."
Then they say,"Oh that's good...."

Do the loved ones take the time to explain what "Progressing" means or just let it go.

Or do they say, "It's following it's course" and then take time to explain that.

We even had a neighbor who confused ALS with AIDS. !!!! Thank goodness another'
neighbor corrected them as they were talking to each other. This went on for a
few weeks. They thought because I have lost so much weight.

I've also been told told losing weight is a good thing.

It's all part of it I guess.

I have a friend who keeps trying to get me to do walking exercises in the indoor pool. First, I get no enjoyment out of the indoor pool. I'm too tall to float on my noodle without scraping my feet on the ground. Second, I've told her over and over that I can't tolerate the chlorine smell. She tried again today. I really care about her. She is a 75-year old yoga instructor but she's only 5 feet tall. To her the pool is deep and she can do yoga and range of motion exercises. I miss the outdoor pool but the air temperature has been too cold. I went into the indoor pool today and had to turn right around from the smell. It's bad enough trying to explain to a priest that he should get rid of the incense. It serves no purpose. I ended up putting a meme on his FB page as a joke.

I've had a headache since Friday because one of the ladies was wearing heavy perfume. In our card group there are three women who have COPD, one who has asthma, and another on oxygen. Just like smokers, they can't smell themselves so they think it's all in my head.....and it is.....my head hurts.

I've learned one thing and that is chronic pain has made me feel angry much of the time. I can hide it well but I can tell it's just waiting for the next thing to tick me off. I hate living like this. I was always the one who made others feel better, now I feel like I'm just waiting to explode or implode.

Yeah, don’t you love it when people speak about you in the third person when you’re right there?

I had a home health aide come over to bathe me the other day (that’s a story in itself). When she was about 5 feet away from me, I heard her say to my partner about me, “Oh she’s so sweet”. She insisted on calling me “sweetie” multiple times, but I let it go because that’s probably her way, and she probably calls all her clients “sweetie” so she doesn’t have to remember our names.
When doctors took driving away from me, more than one neighbor said "oh, thank goodness she can't drive anymore!" Well, yes, SHE Can Drive but chooses to follow advice from her doctors, for her own safety and the safety of others. AND, she can still hear.

I have a friend who keeps trying to get me to do walking exercises in the indoor pool. First, I get no enjoyment out of the indoor pool. I'm too tall to float on my noodle without scraping my feet on the ground. Second, I've told her over and over that I can't tolerate the chlorine smell. She tried again today. I really care about her. She is a 75-year old yoga instructor but she's only 5 feet tall. To her the pool is deep and she can do yoga and range of motion exercises. I miss the outdoor pool but the air temperature has been too cold. I went into the indoor pool today and had to turn right around from the smell. It's bad enough trying to explain to a priest that he should get rid of the incense. It serves no purpose. I ended up putting a meme on his FB page as a joke.

I've had a headache since Friday because one of the ladies was wearing heavy perfume. In our card group there are three women who have COPD, one who has asthma, and another on oxygen. Just like smokers, they can't smell themselves so they think it's all in my head.....and it is.....my head hurts.

I've learned one thing and that is chronic pain has made me feel angry much of the time. I can hide it well but I can tell it's just waiting for the next thing to tick me off. I hate living like this. I was always the one who made others feel better, now I feel like I'm just waiting to explode or implode.
My DH today tried to get me to understand his point of view about going to the pool: that it would help me with so many things. My reply was that yes, I understand, BUT it means I have to get into the swimsuit somehow, get to the pool dressing rooms (pretend to shower), then get in and out of the pool (without falling), and then do the whole thing in reverse. I just don't have the energy. Especially with how tired I would be trying to do the reverse actions to get home.

And I agree with you about some odors; I wonder why that happens. Smells have never bothered me before. Now I seem to have hypersensitive smelling abilities. And most of the world stinks (pun intended!). I was a gardener and always loved the smell of any kind of flower or plant. Now when someone sends me arrangements from the florist, I can hardly bear being in the same room with them. Almost every item we use now must be unscented if possible.

So, it being the "season" I am hoping the smells of pine and cinnamon and bayberry will be pleasing; they've always been favorites. And may the season bring us all around to positive thoughts and experiences. Although "ranting" is most helpful sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back