you know what bugs me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness for this thread.

Yesterday a good friend "dropped in" to say hi. She asked me if my knees were any better. I told her I was losing muscle around my knees and they likely wouldn't get better. She reached down and felt my knees. What she was expecting to find, I have no clue. I wish I could have pissed on her hand......seriously. Then she asked me if I was doing ROM for my knees so they would loosen up and stop hurting.

But that isn't the worst. I have another friend, a male, who calls me several times a week and wants to visit. The calls go like this: Honey, how are you today. I hope you're getting rest and doing your best to feel good. The voice sounds like he is weeping and all I can do is laugh.

Thing is I like both of these friends but I guess I'm easily ticked off these days.

I saw Bluff City Law and that pissed me off, too. If someone wants to pay me $50,000 a month to care for them, I'm in. I might fall on my A$$ a few times but I'd give it a go. I could sub it out to CNAs and pocket half of it.

I would have found a lay person reaching out to touch my knees an invasion of my personal space.

Kim that made me shudder, but then when I read you wish you could have pissed on her hand, well I nearly wet myself laughing at your candid honesty.

"Might" be OK if it was a cute guy who liked me? (Not).

I'm extremely irritated :mad: that this website wants us to contact the Webmaster via the site when one can't get in it. How dumb is that! Where's another e-mail that works????????? Someone pass this along, please! I get very upset when I'm shut out. Brings back unhappy memories.

Last night I went to a magic show. The guy was supposed to be the top magician in Florida....the bar is low, people. Anyway, Fred wanted to go because he rarely gets out (by choice) so we went. It was just 1/4 mile away so we drove down.

Of course, I was one of the first out of an audience of 200 to get called up on stage. I'm definitely no shrinking violet. I could see Fred and my other friend cringing as I walked up the THREE stairs to the stage. He was also a comedian and his act was part jokes, part magic. I had been off THC and Oxy for awhile trying to find another option for pain management but I took both before the show because I had no idea how comfortable the chairs would be or if I'd be climbing up stairs or a long ramp. When I got on the stage I was dizzy, but not bad enough to have to hold onto something. I saw how he did the trick....must be the auditor in me. I was up there awhile and, I'm not sure how this happened, but he insulted me....as a joke. I fired a few right back at him and the audience started laughing and clapping. That just made me more convinced to stay on the stage. I think it was the most fun I've had since the diagnosis. He didn't pick me again but I did heckle him a little from my seat.

The mayor was sitting at my table and, after the show, I decided to ask her why the stage was not accessible. She said, "because nobody with a handicap would ever get called up." Fred whispered in my ear, "for F*&^ Sake, please let it go. If you do I'll rub your legs and feet for 30 minutes when we get home." It really felt good, especially since the Oxy and THC wore off by then.

I love you Kim, and what I would give to have been there!
The comment I would make is I would have quietly told Fred he owes you these rubs for a month ... milk it for all ya can girl!

Kim, this is absolutely hillarious! A real life quid pro quo.

So I posted a new typo, thanks to Nikki, to incorporate this awesome story! I hope you like it. ;)

I don’t know if this belongs in a rant as I am frustrated with myself. I try to keep the depression at bay by counting our blessings, considering what we are facing. However, 5 years in and so overwhelmed, I struggle to find joy in anything and sometimes have very little patience with the outside world and what they perceive as problems. This isn’t who I was and not who I want to be, I was envious of a close friend today when she shared happy news, although I didn’t show it. I am so drained, I dread interacting with anyone. Rant over.

ARCG - I too struggle to find joy these days. I am trying.

My 21 yo son wisely described all the complaining about perceived problems as "so much noise". I have lately limited my interactions to a trusted circle of friends. Otherwise - so much noise...

Sometimes I hate that I hear so well. Today at cards I could hear all the people complaining that they had colds or their spouses had colds. I wanted to yell, STAY HOME. Now I have a friend who just e-mailed me telling me he wants to write a story about a man who falls in love with a woman who has ALS. I told him Nicolas Sparks beat him to the punch but he insists he will write the book. He is a published author but most of his books don't do well. He wanted to pick my brain (I can think of a few jokes about that) about ALS. He has read my document and does seem to know quite a bit about the disease but he wants me to help him. Fred knows him and said it is an autobiography :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So this is on my mind during cards. Between games I got up to use the bathroom and stretch my legs. My back was hurting and as I walked out someone asked me if I could bring in a pillow from the lobby for her back. She was my age and morbidly obese. I think I might be getting ready to explode because I wanted to say get up off your fat A$$ and exercise......it'll probably help your back.

Finally, the games ended and I loaded up my cart and walked down the hall to my condo. I was exhausted. I decided I'd book a haircut and called the girl who cuts my hair. She told me if I ever needed her to come to the condo, she'd be happy to accommodate me. She answered the phone and said she wasn't booking any appointments FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR because she had her breast implants removed. Then she went on to ask me about supplements and collagen and........ended up telling me about how she got a bunch of autoimmune diseases after she had the implants put in 15 years ago. All I could think to say was what took you so long to get them out and why did you get them in the first place?

I had to stop typing because I had a phone call from a lady who drives me to church. We actually take turns driving. She asked me if I could set up her iPad and help a mutual friend understand Medigap policies TOMORROW. She's the same person who always tells me to learn how to say no. Was she testing me? I think not. I told her I'd call her tomorrow.

Kim you probably do well playing cards as you must have an amazing poker face - I'd give my feelings away something terrible because I just can't hide much of what I'm feeling at all. Please just say no tomorrow unless you actually want to go help that mutual friend. The world is full of em alright!

If I'm not in pain I have no problems helping people. I've always enjoyed electronics and setting up devices used to be my thing. I talked to my pain management doctor last week. He thinks I should try gaba again. Last time it helped a little but then it zapped my energy and I started feeling depressed.

I think I probably overdid it this week going to the mall twice and then out to eat. For some strange reason I never feel well when I eat out.

I can hold my own in any card game. Today I was playing cut throat with two men. They are extremely fast players and the games went quickly with very little table talk except for the occasional cussing (mainly from me) about bad hands. It's a pretty nice group of people and very diverse.

I did hear someone, at another table, say something about "poor" Trump and I imagined myself turning over the tables like Jesus did in the Temple.....righteous anger :eek:

OK so since we are ranting about mothers.... mine calls me and the first thing she says is "So how are you doing?" It's not what she asks, it's how she asks it, as if I am only 2 days away from death. I mean if things were terrible she would know.

Now realize that I only just retired last week, but she drove me to my physical therapy about three weeks ago and says as we are driving while I was putting on lipstick..."so you can still put on your own lipstick?...that's so wonderful!"

When I can't wipe my own butt, you'll be one of the first to know!!!!!

🤬

I just LOVE everyone of you - you DO make me laugh so much! Thank you for doing that and for being 'real'! I thought I was 'ungrateful' to have my family/friends drive me to some of my appointments because of some of the 'stupid' comments they would make. Thank you for making me feel 'normal' for wanting to smack some of these people with their comments. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

~Christine

My father-in-law was a big complainer about his minor physical ailments when he hit his 70s and always used to say to my husband and me, "don't get old." I always wanted to tell him that this was one of the stupidest things I ever heard!

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back