you know what bugs me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Karen. We had “ guidance” before but today they became mandatory in public areas where you can’t social distance. I was worried that people in my building would not consider our common areas ( corridors, elevators, mailroom) public but the management sent an email saying they were covered by the order. Hoping people comply as there have been few people wearing masks thus far

Karen,

This bothers me very much. Be glad you're not on Facebook. The latest is the conspiracy theory that Dr. Fauci dramatized this pandemic among other things too silly to even type.

I grocery shop once a week and wear an N95 mask. I buy online from Organic Prairie and a few other places. I usually go about an hour after the store opens and seniors have already depleted the TP but, by then, it's relatively empty. Still, there are jerks going down the wrong way (our store is one way only in each aisle), not wearing masks, reaching over me to get stuff. Honestly, I'm getting a short fuse with these people and wanted to ram my cart over some of them.

Meanwhile, the manager makes announcements every 10 minutes about one way only, all store employees are wearing masks and constantly wiping down everything in sight. Then these FREEDOM nuts are probably coughing all over the food because they want their country back.

And I have two cousins who are doctors in NYC, a niece who is a doctor in Rochester, NY and cousins who are PAs, NPs and RNs in several states all risking their lives every day so these redneck gun nuts can survive when they contract it.

I forgot to mention that I have cousins in upstate NY who are nearly as bad. It's all about freedom, the Constitution, and their hunting rifles. They have never been out of the tiny village we grew up in and CV hasn't hit there yet.

Can't agree with you more Karen. We had our stay at home order lifted on Friday. We had to go to the store on Saturday for some food. I was shocked, my husband and I had our masks and gloves on and it was like a free for all in the store. I'd say about 80% of the people shopping had nothing protective on. Social distancing didn't exist. I asked my husband, are these people out of their minds? They're going to end up putting us all back in quarantine. Needless to say I made sure we bought enough stuff so I don't have to go back shopping anytime soon!!!

I live in the middle of the beer’d up red neck, Confederate Flag wavin’,
red MAGA hat wearing, open carry (guns), jacked up pick up truck
driving, tattoos from wrist to shoulder both arms - capitol of the world.

(I see these beer’d up rednecks with a Glock or big hog iron revolver on
their hips which tells me, my better guess, for some reason they couldn’t
get a concealed carry permit). I know what it takes to get one.

Anyway, Ann and I went to our rural Wal-Mart with our R95 masks on but,
in the store with a somewhat accurate estimate… three quarters of those in
the store did not have masks on. The girl that checked us out did not
have a mask or gloves on. Supposedly, all Wal-Mart employees in NC
are supposed to being wearing masks and gloves.

Fortunately, I was able to score several containers of Lysol 80 count wipes
and 4 gallons of 80% hand sanitizer. We wipe off the shopping cart handles,
wear our masks and hand sanitize our hands as soon as we get in the car.

Hoping it’s enough

There’s going to be a second wave… the death count of those over the age
of 55 will just be written off as …

“The cost of doing business, getting a tattoo, getting a pedicure, a candle lit
dinner in a fine restaurant, going to a movie, buying another blouse or jeans.

Yea, so much for older folks... MAGA I guess.

Last edited:
And those protestors, in the capital buildings of Michigan and others wearing long guns on their backs in the peoples' buildings of law are screaming for opening up our states so everyone can go bowling, drinking, and getting their nails done, are driving around with $50, 000 pick-up trucks in the parking lots that they can't afford the payments during the pandemic because they are living beyond their means.
"I need the state to open up because...I won't get that sick, I want my nails done, my hair needs colored, my friends want to go party, my truck cost $600/month, I want to go on vacation to the beach, my kids are bored, teachers and legislatures are all on vacation, and on and on and on...."

When you question these guys who open carry an AR15 why they feel
the need to own a weapon of war the usual reply is…

“To defend and protect my home, property, family and my Right
to Bear Arms.”

If they own an AR15, or more than one, they also own several high
capacity clips.

Ok, if they should ever have a situation where they will need the full
capability and the capacity of several clips to defend their home,
property, family and or their Rights, they are in a situation where
their chances of survival themselves in a full blown small arms fire fight…
is slim.

The very few soldiers (combat trained) who have survived such a scenario
single handily... have been awarded medals.

Just imagine such a situation… the scary part is these AR15 owners
imagine that it’s real.

Now, multiply their fear by the millions of AR15 owners across the
country who supposedly fear the same.

That’s the REALLY scary part.

PS. 99.9 percent of the time should such a rare horrifying intruder threaten
you at your home... a reasonable pistol, rifle or shotgun will give odds
in your favor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back