Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
My amazing, beautiful mother got her angel wings on May 28, 2010 at the young age of 59. She was diagnosed with Bulbar ALS on November 17 , 2009 and she lost her fight just 6 months later. I cared for her the best I could without knowing anything about this disease. I was so scared of losing my best friend who called me every morning to sing "You are my sunshine" and called me every night before bed. How do you fill that empty space?

I wanted to share something with everyone. Before she was unable to walk, I took her to the mountain where I would run and hike. We held hands and walked together. She started to cry and then asked me "why is this happening to me"? I was so numb I didn't know what to say, but this is what came to mind. I said "mom, I truly believe that one day, me or Cheri (my older sister) is going to need your help, and I believe the only place you will be able to help us if from heaven. I never realized the impact my own words would have on me. I am now sick with Chiari Malformation, getting ready for brain surgery and I just underwent spinal surgery. Those words were meant for me.

Since her anniversary is approaching, I just wanted to say out loud "I love you mom, with everything in me. I miss your voice, your smile and your off-tune singing. I will see you one day...save me a spot next to you".

Thank all of you for fighting this battle next to the ones you love!

Kim

That is such a lovely story - you and your mom must have had a very special relationship. I'm glad her struggle is over and now she is watching over you. Best of luck with your health issues.

Trina

Lovely...I am sure she has her angel wings wrapped tightly around you and her halo is shining brightly for you. Her voice is on the wind that blows your hair and tickles your ear whispering she loves you. God bless you both. Prayers of strength for you .

oh Kim, thank you for sharing that tribute to your wonderful mother.

I hope your health issues work out, please let us know.

>Since her anniversary is approaching, I just wanted to say out loud "I love you mom, with everything in me. I miss your voice, your smile and your off-tune singing. I will see you one day...save me a spot next to you".

wonderful!

Kim. So sorry you lost your mum. You spoke very kind and beautiful words to her on your walk. She will always be with you in your heart and soul and your memories. Yasmin.

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing how our own words spoken in the past seem to come back?
Every time our nephew comes up we try to express how grateful we are and he always comes back with, "what goes around comes around!"
Hugs
Linda

>"what goes around comes around!"

:)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. They go a long way with me. Please know my prayers and thoughts are with each one of you and your families.

what a wonderful tribute to your Mom. You and your Mom must have had a very special relationship. My condolences on your loss.

I'm sending prayers for healing as you grieve the loss of your mother and strength for you as you face your own illness.

I'm sending prayers for healing as you grieve the loss of your mother and strength for you as you face your own illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back