Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Valencia
Hello, 51 year old male. About 8 months ago my calves began twitching. I didn't think that much of it at first, but like everyone else, went down the google rabbit hole. Since then, they twitch 24/7 when sitting, but seem to stop while standing. The frequency has really increased lately, so much so, it drives me crazy when I focus on it. I have some weakness too, but nothing clinical. Fasculations have worked up the leg a little more too. I had my EMG last week, but very disappointed to find out the next time they can see me for results is 4 months! So of course my mind wanders back to ALS from time to time. However, this post isn't to get a pat on the head and hear I'll be ok. It's really to say thank you to all of the members here who contribute, seemingly all the time, to this forum. In the darkest moments of my fear, I came here and read post after post. It really helped me tremendously. I won't pretend to understand what you've all been through, but after watching many youtube videos of our fellow humans afflicted with ALS, I can attest that my heart breaks for them and you. Anyway, that's all for now. I will come back and post my results for anyone curious.

You are in California? You are entitled to results in a timely manner. You may not be able to see the doctor to explain them but you should be able to get the results includong the summary. It is the law and there are very few exceptions and an emg shouldn’t be one. If there is a patient portal they should be there. That said, if it were bad they would surely call you.

Thank you, I will look into that. I planned on calling them this week and try to insist on getting in earlier. 4 months is unreasonable for any test results I think.

It should be in your patient portal via the app. Who did you go through? Do you have an app on your phone for your provider?

You've not posted anything to make me think ALS

This forum is to ask if what is happening appears to be ALS.
Seems you are cleared, and I can assure you they don't leave someone with ALS waiting 4 months for an appointment to discuss their EMG.
As has been said the portal will give you the answer and the conclusion will tell you they did not find evidence of ALS.
Now it is up to you to accept this and move away from ever thinking of this again.
I wish you the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back