Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably be my last installment for our spring trip to Yellowstone. We leave tomorrow for our summer trip to Yellowstone, so I will be offline for awhile;).

The spring trip was indeed wonderful. Toward the end of the trip we were able to spend a day touring the Lamar valley, where we saw much wildlife including buffalo (by the thousands) and pronghorn. I have included some pictures so you have an idea of what we saw.

I reported in another thread about the excitement caused by the need for an emergency root canal. That was more "fun" that I cared to have. At least I know of a good dentist in the Yellowstone region:)

This was a very hard trip for me. It was so hard to prepare for it that I thought about cancelling the trip just a few days before we left. I persevered, and we eventually made it to Yellowstone.

It took me a week to recover from the trip to Yellowstone. During that time I thought seriously that the only rational thing to do upon our return to Vail was to sell the trailer and admit that our camping days have come to an end.

We did not sell the trailer when we got home. Progression accelerated and I spent most of the last month recovering, but I did get some of my stamina back.

We once again thought very seriously about cancelling our upcoming summer trip. But, the trailer is mostly loaded as I type this and it is hitched to our suv.

A thought that motivates me is that I don't know what I am capable of until I try. I don't mean recovering lost strength; rather, I mean persevering and finding innovative ways to overcome adversity and my disability. In attempting to do that, I have found that I can do far more than I thought possible, including the wonderful camping trips we have been blessed to experience.

So, tomorrow we head to Yellowstone. Until I return, here are a few more pictures.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_7322.jpg
    DSC_7322.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_7354.jpg
    DSC_7354.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_7386.jpg
    DSC_7386.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 134
Steve,
Thanks. Just, thanks!

Angie

Wow living literally from one yellowstone trip to the next - wonderful stuff Steve. Enjoy every great moment of this next trip and make wonderful memories from all the other stuff!

Have a great trip Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back