Diagnosis
07/2006
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Bassett
For those of you who have trouble holding a regular pen, like I do, there is a pen called"PenAgain" by Pacific Writing Instruments. It has two prongs that you put your index finger in and it gives you the grip and stability to be able to write. I can't write without it and I work the crossword puzzle in the morining paper everyday.
Gordon

My husband also uses a pen like that. The patient services coordinator from our local ALSA office brought it to a support group meeting in January. I didn't even know what it was, but once she showed us, it really works!

Gordon where did you purchase the pen?

Writing
[/IMG]

Here are a couple pictures of the pen. Mitzi gets mine at our local CVS Pharmacy.

Gordon

Can you try again with the pictures Gordon? They didn't show up.

AL.

Thanks Gordon. My husband has a terrible time trying to hold a pen to do crosswords. I see it is supposed to be available at Office Depot in Canada so I'll check for one tomorrow.
Laurel

What a great tip ! Thanks for sharing that. Is it a ballpoint or a felt tip? Even when I can get some kind of grip on a skinny ballpoint, I find that I can't press hard enough to get the ink flowing. Hope my CVS has it.

My husband has found that the "roller ball" type of pens work the best for him. He has no strength to press the pen to get ink to flow..

gbrown~ Thanks for the tip. I found one of these pens and purchased it for my husband. He was skeptical at first but loved it right off the bat. It really helps the movement of his wrist and he is grateful for the help in writing once again. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back