Reason
PALS
Country
uni
State
unknown
City
unknown
I know this is going to sound completely random but this morning I woke up with terrible pain in my wrist. I am hoping I just slept on it the wrong way, but when I was telling someone they said that can be a first sign of muscle damage, and that muscles often compensate for each other if you have something, and that can cause the pain. The person i talked to suffers from carpal tunnel. Is what she said true? Could the wrist pain be a sign of something sinister?

Does als start in a place where you have never head twitching?

ZenArcher

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
McEwensville
My understanding is that you have the twitching or fasciculations first. Whether you notice them or not is another matter. I didn't really notice any twitching in my hand other than once in a great while. I noticed none in my back but my wife saw them. Even after she'd tell me it was happening I couldn't feel it.

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I'd bet you just slept on it or the muscle cramped. Did it hurt all day at the same intensity?
AL.

vmd

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
idaho
City
N/A
I have wrist pain, but it seems to be associated with atrophy in my wrist and hands.

pldo

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Country
uni
State
unknown
City
unknown
It is getting a little better now. It was aweful this morning.

I can see twitches in my knees, calves, thumbs, etc. They happen every once in a while and seem to be worse when I have something on them. I have never felt or seen any in my wrist, that is why I was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.