Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
Leeds
Hello,thank you for reading this whoever you are.
I have a wrist drop on my left hand,my thumb and the pointing finger both feel numb..it happened 2 months ago after my son slept on my arm,however on the 5th of january this year i had a very warm feeling in my left shoulder-almost as a warm liquid that spreaded out into it inside-then for the following 2 weeks i was in excruciating pain in both of my shoulders-had weakness in my fingers too. That has gone away completely i was put on nerve blockers and co codeine as the pain was that agonising i could not sleep. As i said that has passed-however few days later this other incident happened and now i have a wrist drop in my left hand. The grasping has come back after 2 days following incident-just cannot extend upwards. This was also very painful in terms of my nerve-the radial nerve. What worries me is that i have tiredness in my right upper arm almost like as if smth heavy is always on it-that comes and goes-perhaps it is just the fact that right hand took over and it is tired.
When both arms went back in January they also went numb in the upper arms.
At the moment numbness in on palm or left hand and the fingers. Could those incidents be als?

Are they just unfortunate line of events? One followed by other but unrelated?
Doctor was looking into radial nerve compression-honeymoon palsy with the wrist drop..neuropraxia , recovery could take up to 6 months or longer..the first one they were checking me for heart attack and stroke but did not find evidence.
I want to also add that I used to carry very heavy shopping-push the pram around a lot-had carpel tunnel on both hands. I am 34 and terrified. I am finding it so diffucult to stay positive-as so so worried.
No other aches/pains/teitches or muscle weakness anywhere else. Can anybody respond?

Hi again..i can see few people looked at my post. In no way i tried to be offensive to anyone-please do accept my apologies if I am writing without the correct terms..I am looking for answer to how scared I feel. If anybody can advise I would be forever grateful.

It doesn’t sound like ALS at all. all the sensory symptoms and the history of injury which explains the one function loss you report.

you need to keep working with your doctor. Perhaps when things open up a bit you can have testing and possibly pt

don’t be scared

Sorry you are in pain. ALS is a disease of the brain that prevent signals getting to the muscles and so they stop working and atrophy.
You should be able to have a doctor work to help you sort your wrist issue.
Nothing like ALS which is great!

Guys I am sat here in tears-was in absolute pieces today and made decision to be brave enough to actually ask people that might tell me something I perhaps did not want to know.
Medical care atm is so limited.
I was looking into ALS for such a long time now that the anxiety overwhelmed me completely...and I am beyond grateful for you to spend time writing back to me.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back