Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
The OT provided me with wrist braces that extend up my forearm yesterday and said that they would help my compensating muscles do their thing more efficiently. I was skeptical. Especially when I drove home with them and didn't notice any ease of gripping the steering wheel.

I have not been able to cut food or chop vegetables for weeks now. Not because I'm too weak, but because the moment I try my muscles cramp up painfully and I have to drop the knife, manually un-cramp them and start over. I never get more then 2-3 seconds in before the cramps so it has made it an activity I just cannot do.

Well this evening my kids were trying to help by chopping the vegetables for me and they were having trouble with the tomatoes. I tried to help and instant cramps as usual. I remembered the braces and thought, what the hell, I'll try it. I only put the one on for the hand that is gripping the knife (my left/dominant hand). And... it worked!!!! I chopped 2 whole tomatoes without a single cramp! It was slow and required effort, but I actually did it!

Woo hoo Kristina!
Definitely a win for the day!

Never give up Kristina, we all surprise ourselves if we keep trying.
Al

That's wonderful the braces can give you more function :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back