Would like your opinion about these symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxx99

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
TH
State
CM
City
Chiang mai
I would like your opinion on the following.

During the last 6 months, I have become pretty bad, anxiety is definitely part of it but definitely not all of it. My symptoms are in all four limps and in other areas of the body as well (like fasciculations in the stomach muscles). Fasciculations and a feeling of "cramp" which is more a consistent feeling of muscle stiffness especially in my forearms, both of them. This "comes and goes" a bit (I might have it for 2 days and then it disappears for 2 days). I had a terrible experience a month ago when I initially "was sleeping" but changed position in my bed and I felt like the bed sheets was super heavy in a very strange way. The same experience has occurred one time since then. I don’t have any loss of strength though.

About 3 months ago I realized that I had some atrophy in my left hand in the thenar muscle. My strength in that specific muscle was less than half of the strength in my right hand. I didn't feel any weakness that matters during everyday usage though, and I honestly didn't think more about it. I still today think that this is something I might have had for a long time. I have not seen any progression.

About 2 months ago I was going home from work and I noticed like if my tongue was tired. This was strange since I couldn't come up with a reason for why that would be the case. After that it quickly become a permanent thing. Today I have some serious pain in my tongue from the day I go out of bed to when I go to sleep (pain, like if I have been seriously exercising it). This also affects my speech (which now is slurred, enough for me to notice it) and I have also started to spread saliva around when talking to people. In connection to this I have terrible TMJ + Neck pains with twitching lips.

Last night I had a terrible experience. For the first time I had twitches to my left arm to the extent that it prevented me from sleeping. Having my arm in a certain position seems to make the twitches significant worse (like putting my hands under the pillow). I am now concerned if this will be a recurrent thing for all nights to follow.

My “cramps” as mentioned above is foremost in my right calf muscle and my two forearms. It almost feels like “burning inflammation in the muscle” + “stiffness”. I am working as a programmer, so it becomes very obvious when you start miss-typing, in addition to the stiffness and pain. In this area of the body I have now “good days” and “bad days”, and usually the issue is symmetrical.

I am now very concerned about “slurred speech” + “stiffness” + “muscle twitching” + “atrophy” + “TMJ” + “tongue problems”. I guess I really need to go to a doctor but it would be nice if I could hear something from you guys related to this before I head off. Does anything sound alarming, could it be a motor neuron issue?

Please read this if you have not already done so:

ALS is not about feeling weak, muscle fatigue, or pain. It’s about no longer being able to do things you could do previously. And it starts in one place and spreads from there.

So I don’t see ALS in your post. But if you’re concerned about your symptoms, see a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back