Not open for further replies.

nervousjade

Country
uk
State
england
City
liverpool
Hi, I'm sorry your all going through this but some of you are still so strong and do an amazing job of helping others. I had never heard of Als until I did a silly thing like search my symptoms on google. I have and Emg booked for a week tomorrow and I am very nervous. I have been having symptoms for the past 6months and they came on quite suddenly over 2-3 weeks, I have some
shortness of breath,
difficulty swallowing,
widespread twitches/electric shocks(started in one calf),
physical signs noted of atrophy,
Receding of gums,
Neck, spine pain,
Metallic taste in mouth,
Neuropathy of face, tightness, stiff to smile,
Weakness noted of forearms and lower legs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry to waste your precious time, I know what will be will be and knowing won't change anything would just like to prepare myself for whatever might be going on. Thank you
Jade

I know it's scary to have something going on physically and not knowing what it is. The worst thing you can do for yourself is to come here looking for answers. My advice to you (listen to me here) is get off this site and don't come back. Then wait for your EMG results and consult with your neurologist. We can't tell you what's wrong with you, only a doctor can.
Good luck to you! Hugs to you!

If all the symptoms you listed above came on you in 2-3 weeks six months ago, what did you do about them then? What did your doctors say about them then? Why have you panicked and decided that they are symptoms of MND now?

Jade,
I second Ms. Pie.
There is nothing that will increase your anxiety and stress level than searching up very bad things.

I hope all is explainable (and fixable).

Good luck

Like msi pie said, "steop away fron thhe computter!".

And you answerred yourself, what willk be, will be. Wait for yoiur appt., hac questionsz in hand amd until then, ebjoy yoursekf!

Wyhats the ol saying,"worryiung gets you nowhhere".

Good luck.

Thanks all for replying, I will try and stay off here just searching for answers.
Do any of you have the same symptoms?

Trfogey I went to see my doctor who at first didn't seem to take me seriously and didn't seem to have a clue what was going on nor did he want to look into it. I then went to see a second doctor who referred me to a neurologist who I seen two weeks ago, they did a brain mri but not a spine mri not sure why? I have Emg next Friday. The only reason I came across als is due to the nerve pains and atrophy I have.
Thank you
Jade

Jade

Your story is not the story of someone with MND. It doesn't present with symptoms as quickly as your symptoms overtook you and it certainly doesn't present with symptoms in such a global fashion in as short a time as you have indicated. My guess would be something viral or maybe post-viral autoimmune or dozens of other things that are very treatable. Good luck to you.

Thank you wright I hope and pray so much I get a right diagnoses or treatment soon. Wish you all the best. I will let you know how I get on.
Jade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back