Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New york
Thanks for giving this a look over if you do, I understand the gravity of this disease and my heart goes out to anyone with it anyone caring for some with it. I wouldnt make a post here unless i had confirmation of something more sinister.

I just turned 22, Male. Heres my clinical. Clonus, Hoffman sign, Brisk reflexes. I had a clean MRI of spine and brain which is where my worry comes.
rep.JPG

So this all started with a tremor in my hands about a year ago, then my hands started feeling week and stiff about 6 months ago and then the tremor spread to the rest of my body, Whenever i use a muscle it starts to shake. Yarn = shake, stretch = shake.
The clumbsiness and stiffness of hands got real bad but sometimes it feels better or worse but its always baseline bad. Trying to pick up small objects and things like that.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago my leg and my arm became week and skinnier (opposite sides not the same side), Much more shakiness to these limbs than the others, muscle pain whenever i would walk on my leg and it would get extremely fatigued and very quickly. After a short bike ride the one leg was extremely sour and painful yet the other was fine. The leg muscle is way more jelly like and skinnier - Its my dominant leg but i dont use it for much these days, Ive had a few very minor knee injuries (would last about 2 weeks at a time) on this leg so i use my other. Trouble balancing and shaky when standing due to this leg.

Pretty much the exact same story with my hand, Skinnier, Weaker, Shakier and what i think is thenar atrophy - Large dent in the muscle and loads of loose skin, Both my hands have this scary atrophy looking thing but the left is a lot lot worse.
Lots more bone cracking too.

The most worring symptom is the fact my back shakes from a twitch (i think), No matter what its there. I also have constant twitches in both of the affected limbs but also widespread twitches which come and go. At first i thought it was a pulse i could feel because my the affected areas are skinnier.
I also get a ton of nerve pain on one side of the body that comes and goes, Lots of burping & lots of saliva & a cough which started recently.

I do have a history of health anxiety and anxiety in general which is why im doubting myself. The neurologist that examined me seems to be very good, After he told me my MRI was clean i told him my MND idea and he shut me down instantly, He very confidently listed his qualifications and told me this is not MND but he didnt give me much of a reason apart from 1) my age (22) 2) bilateral signs 3) history of cancer related anxiety

I asked him what test is next and he said none... No EMG? He said theres no reason to give me an EMG.
I dont know what to do or whether to let this go. These symptoms are very real but so is my anxiety. Not a moment goes by without focusing heavily on the affected areas but they are affected.

I should also note im having vision problems (blurriness/floaters), dizziness, bowel issues (needing to run to the toilet) and sensory symptoms such as extreme sensitivity to cold and nerve pain which made me think i had MS but the clean MRIs contradict this.

After a clean MRI, What could this be?

Mod note: Closed for multi

Last edited by a moderator:
3-4 beats of clonus is within normal range as are bilateral Hoffmans and hyper reflexes. Hyperreflexia is more common is you are anxious too. The comment about bilateral findings being less worrying is one you will see us making here.

the symptoms you report are not ALS like. We don’t know what is wrong with you. Please work with your doctor. If you are anxious you should treat that and see what symptoms remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back