Learn about ALS
Country
DEU
State
Berlin
City
Berlin
Hello,

I am 29 years old female. Lately i am experiencing severe generalized muscle weakness (left side is a little bit weaker), muscle cramps and muscle pain throughout my body, profound overall weakness and diffuse muscle twitching and they are slowly worsening. I need your opinion about my condition. Does it sound like first signs of ALS? Is it long about 5 months for this disease? Did i have already experience any muscle atrophy or speech difficulties during this period?

I really appreciate for your answers.

dragonfly, what you describe can mean many things, and also nothing. Please see your doctor who can check your strength and reflexes and begin to narrow down the possibilities.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for you answer Igelb!

I have done every possible test to rule out various conditions - all came out negative. No cancer or autoimmune disease, my symptoms came out suddenly and don't go away, they are getting worse.

I never thought about ALS until i saw some cases, here are the link and i attached pdf file:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/gen...d/32038-symtoms-years-before-getting-als.html ----> 'Buckhorn' husband story. His condition after infection, i feel exactly the same.

These people experienced the same issues before they were diagnosed. That's why i am really worry now:?. That's why i came here on this forum. Has anybody felt like that before diagnosis?

By the way, I am waiting for neurologist examination next month and EMG test on December, but i need to know or maybe to get calm down that there is small chances for me to have ALS from people who are well known of this disease so i could sleep at nights till something become clearer.

Also may you could say If i do an EMG in this stage and it would be clean, could i still consider ALS as possibility?

Sorry for my english language mistakes and my little anxiety...

Attachments

• JFP06602100.PDF
    113.3 KB · Views: 321
The odds are still greatly in your favor. As Buckhorn pointed out, her husband was exposed to various toxins over time, etc. So his ALS onset was really not clear.

If your EMG in December is clean, which I expect it will be, yes, that should set your mind at ease, if we can't here.

Hello,

Today i have my left tongue side numbed and two fingers of my left hand are tingling. I am so afraid...i feel very tired.

Can it be from anxiety?

Yes, it's due to anxiety. You don't have ALS, so please be respectful that those you are asking to comfort you and make you feel better, do have ALS. Please seek counselling for your health anxiety before it consumes your whole life.

No need to post further. It will only fan the flames of your anxiety. Take good care.

Facial and tongue symptoms after limbar EMG

I am sorry if i am look to you just another ALS worrier. Here is what's bothering me:

I had a clean EMG about two weeks before. Neurologyst has checked both hands and my left leg during the test, there were some fasciculations in my fingers and my calves, but i guess they are benign.

Now i began to experience mild tongue twitches in the evenings and excess saliva throughout the day also my left jaw aches and my left lip corner is itching.

Can an EMG of limbs be clean with bulbar ALS onset? Has someone with bulbar ALS onset experienced symptoms in limbs first, like twitches in legs or arms? Is 6 months enough to rule out ALS if clinical weakness doesn't show?

Please stay on one thread as instructed in the important posts ( stickies). I have merged this for you this one time.

You are displaying a very common behavior of anxious people. You came here reporting twitching and body weakness. Having had a limb emg that was fine you now are developing symptoms in the bulbar area to worry about. You had limb symptoms you had a normal emg. You are 29 years old. Please work with your doctors so you can live your best life

Thanks Nikki J for your reply and sorry for my anxiety.

But still i can't find the answers and i am not getting well. The most worrying thing is tongue twitching! This thing is rare to people even with the anxiety. On the internet i can't find other explanation than ALS.

So, my questions still are the same. Can bulbar ALS begin from twitching all over the body? And should i be calm if my limbar emg was clean or should i ask for tongue emg?

Thanks for your patience. I know that i can't change anything what's is happening with me, but knowing no matter if it is the worst i guess would be a relieve for me...

Dragonfly, I think you should carefully re-read Nikki's answer to you- she addressed your questions exactly.

Your emg was clean, despite your limb twitching. This means your issue is caused by something else. Keep working with your doctors to find out what that is, as it is not ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back