miga12

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BE
Hello,

Thank you for everybody who's reading this and willingly to reply.
I did see the 'read before posting', but I really felt the need to post, sorry.

I'm a 25 year old man (I know chances are very small but nontheless not impossible).
14 months ago I started having a numb feeling in my right foot all of the sudden out of nothing, I was just sitting.
I went to see a a physio and they convinced me it was just a pinched nerve and I let it be as the treatment on my lower back seemed to work a bit, but once that stopped, the feeling came back. I changed physio's over time as the feeling came back slightly but also a soreness in my right thigh. Then it started to move from thigh to calf , somethimes my knee. I had a sore feeling in one of these every day and it shifted from place. When the physio started with dry needling she told me that muscles in my right leg were way more stressed. The needling helped.

Last Tuesday I suddenly had the feeling that my right leg was super weak and getting up the stairs and walking even was exhausting.
It felt like my right leg was all out of energy and my left one was perfectly normal. I just wanted my right one to be normal again.
I also felt sourness in all of that leg and thought it was just that pinched nerve that came up again.
The next 2 days were even worse, the only thing that helped was going to the gym, then I felt better.
Then suddenly my left leg got into the same state and that night both my legs started twitching all around, I was panacking and googled these symptoms and immediatly got ALS. As I was reading all these stories I saw a lot of similar sympthoms as my legs were super weak and sore. Twitching constantly (mostly around the knees and thighs were the worst) and having a hard time sleeping constantly overthinking everything.
Since yesterday i have the feeling that the same is happening to my arm and this morning it feels like I have to do a bigger effort to click my mouse button. I'm still very tired all the time and my head hurts and somethimes I have cold chills runnin all over my body.

As tired as I was yesterday I still decided to go to the gym and go for 20 minutes on the hometrainer to check if my legs could handle it and some ropeskipping.
As they felt very tired, especially my right thigh, I managed to do those things without a problem, I stretched really good and the twitching went down a lot and my legs seem better today, especially my left one (right one was always the bad one). I checked my legs for visual atrophy but didn't seem to see anything (thought my right thigh would've been smaller after these couple months).

So today I feel like my whole right arm is being affected as it is sore and my hand seems to have less grip strenght. Sore from my shoulder untill my hand and my left hand is starting to lose strength I think. My head still hurts somethimes and a bit dizzy probably because of my sleepshortage.
The pattern seems the same as it started in the left foot, then leg then other leg, right arm and then the left...

Sorry for this long story but I have a ton of concerns everytime I feel something weird. I tend to squeeze and massage my muscles the moment they feel sore or feel weird and twitch, this helps. I am also constantly moving my legs (can't sit still for too long as I think this helps against the weird feelings)

I'm seeing a doctor this afternoon and am hoping to get some answers.

I'm sorry for this long storry but I'm just worried this last week and can't seem to think of anything else.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and repplying if you want so.

Thanks and Greetings!

I expect a reassuring visit. You might ask about RLS. One issue can pick up from another, and your mind can tie it all up, but that doesn't mean that it's a real thing.

As I read what you quite, the words, “I feel..” jumped right out at me as very reassuring. Most of us here felt nothing. Feeling and sensation is peripheral nervous system. ALS is Central nervous system. This means we were shocked to have something fail (or fall in my case) because everything feels normal. I hope that’s reassuring. I’m six years into The Beast and I still don’t get fatigued feeling without exertion. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back