Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Buchanan
Hi, my name is Hallie & I am new to the group. In November, I started feeling my chin twitch after I would take a drink of something. This happened off & on for a few days. I had brain surgery in December to remove a very large cyst. No cancer! Sometime in January, I started feeling my chin twitch after taking a drink again. It looks like a pulse in my chin. This is the only time it happens, but literally happens almost everytime I drink or chew. Some days I don't feel it, but that is rare.. It's like it is brought on by movement. Naturally, I went to Dr. Google and ALS popped up. I am beyond terrified. I would appreciate your input.

Hi Hallie-

If you could read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Chin twitching does not mean ALS! That would be like assuming a cough means lung cancer. Sometimes folk just twitch. You might mention it to a dentist the next time you're in so they can assess evidence of tooth wear from jaw clenching/teeth grinding- night time clenching can cause nerve irritation. I am thinking brain surgery would also create a situation where there is some residual nerve effects.

Thank you for your kindness.

Hi Hallie,

Having a cyst removed from your brain is a huge thing and can cause all sorts of weird issues like face twitching. I'm so very glad your cyst is not cancerous.

Your twitches very well could be side effects of what you went through, but rest assured, your twitches do not speak to ALS as Shiftkicker said.

Take good care and be well.

Thank you both for your responses. I guess I am most worried because this happened a couple of times before surgery, but then it stopped. It started again about a month after surgery. I feel it and can see it after I drink or chew. It looks like a little heartbeat on my chin. Something about that motion seems to set it off. I don't feel it or see it any other time. Thank you both for taking time to reply. I appreciate you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back