Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Morristown
Not sure if this is ALS or not just trying to get some opinions, it all started a year ago. I woke up with weakness in both legs like shaky, they were like that for a week and felt better but the left leg And foot still always felt weak to this day, I’ve had general muscle aches and pain in my arms legs and hands, just recently I’ve been getting muscle twitches all over both legs that is not letting up for the past two weeks. Kind of worried my neuro tested me for ms and it came back clear.

Have a read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms It explains a few things about ALS.

This really doesn't sound like a symptom pattern that would indicate ALS. ALS is a loss of motor neurons and there is no improvement in symptoms in ALS once the neuron loss begins. You'll have to keep working with your doc to track down the issue, but you can take ALS off the list of things to be worried about I think.

All the best

I guess just noticing my left side feels weaker then my right, the muscle twitching all over both legs is what’s really bothering me, it’s constant lately

I hope you read the post Shiftkicker linked for you Feeling weak is not what PALS experience. We generally feel fine but are clinically weak

since you have a neurologist what did the find on clinical exam? Did they confirm weakness ? Did they find spasticity sustained clonus Babinski Hoffman’s unequal reflexes ? Even if they did there are other causes. If they did not, then you did not show any signs of ALS

He tested me for other things and now wants to do an emg but he never mentioned als, which I’m assuming is a good sign

Some doctors are not very forthcoming. It is your absolute right to ask questions about your exam findings and what they are looking for/ why they ordered a test/ what is still in their differential ( list of diagnoses they are considering). It is also your right to request your visit notes. In fact they may be available on your patient portal. My neurologist started doing that recently ( my pcp has been doing it for a couple of years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back