Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Nashville
Hello I am really sorry to bother you with this question.I know I shouldn't with all that you brave and caring people are already dealing with in your own personal lives. I have read the sticky and I know it is said that twitches without failure means nothing. I have had twitches for 5 months and I don't know what is causing them and my doctor is very nonchalant about them. I don't have insurance so I pay out of pocket. My question is should I pay for an EMG or is it safe to say that 5 months of only twitching no failure that they are benign?

they are benign - that is why your doctor is not worried.
let it go for your own sake :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply! It means a lot ❤️

If this twitching was the early stage of ALS how long does it usually take for weakness. I am kind of freaking out today because for the last couple of days I have had more focal twitches in my left foot.

You're not under a ticking clock here. Focal twitches, which all humans have at some point, are still twitches. They don't mean anything without clinical change in function. And they become more numerous the more we think about them and count them.

Take a look at your diet, hydration, stretching, stress and sleep -- often there is something to improve, that can improve the twitches. You can also try a drop or two of magnesium lotion on your foot. But there is nothing to worry about in re ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much for your reply! I am extremely selfish for even asking these question! Please show me grace because my mind and the internet is scary thing! I am overwhelmed by all of your compassion towards others ❤️

Good evening, I tried to add to my old post but can’t find it. I started 6 months ago with fasciculations in my legs. I still have them mainly in my calves. New symptoms have begun or at least I have noticed them more. I have had post nasal drip for a while. My nose also gets dried out frequently throughout the day. I have a gravel sound to my voice until I clear it. No problem swallowing. Could this be bulbar onset? Thank you for your time and response.

Merged for you. You could have found it from your profile under postings.

no those are not bulbar symptoms. Allergies? Dry due to air conditioning? Not bulbar ALS

Thank you for your reply! I also noticed my tongue twitches when I stick it out but I don’t feel twitches. Would that be a concern?

No. Had you read the read before posting post thoroughly you would not need to ask

Maybe try Benadryl. You don't have ALS, so please move on. You've asked your questions and they have been adequately answered. Please remember your audience: dying forum members. Continuing to ask questions when they've been answered is not fair. if you cannot let this go, please speak to someone who can help you.

All the best and please stay safe.

I am extremely sorry! The tongue twitching freaked me out because I didn’t feel it twitching I just saw the twitches. I didn’t know if bulbar onset was different than limb onset. I really didn’t mean to offend anyone. I am truly sorry if I did.

No worries. It is just that the tongue issue comes up a lot and it is specifically addressed in the post I referenced. Good luck and don’t worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back