05/2019
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ottawa
Hi everyone,

I have read the sticky and it is very useful; just looking for some further clarification.

I am a 23 year old male. I posted a thread in this a year ago but when I tried to add onto it today I was unable to. So about a 14 months ago I began experiencing some weird symptoms ie dropping things a little more and twitching but no weakness. It has been a year and my twitching comes and goes, and sometimes my muscles cramp up and get sore. I went to my neuro for a physical exam and an EMG and she told me all was normal BUT she did request my doctor to run blood work to check my CK levels. When I got my blood work done it showed my CK levels were moderately elevated which has made me panic. My concluding questions, are elevated CK levels linked with ALS and is it possible even though I had a clean EMG for ALS to progresss slower?

Moderate CK levels are not ALS. Some PALS show extreme CK levels and some don't. We never use this to diagnose so you can truly let it go.
Slowly progressing ALS still shows on the EMG from the very beginning, so no what you are trying to ask there.
All the best to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back