Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
london
Hi, I would like to apologise if my post sounds trivial and in no way would like to offend anyone. I am super worried as for the past 8 months the second and third toes on my right foot have separated. I am panicking this atrophy. My gp says it is due to wearing heels. But did not refer me to a neurologist. I have read about people's als symptoms starting in their toes. Also things seem to be slipping out of my hands the last few weeks. Thanks in advance

Sorry I would like to add that I am pretty sure that I have hyperreflexia. I react strongly to stimuli. I am jumpy too. Thanks

Try flats...more drops and jumpiness signify you need more sleep and/or to do something about your anxiety. Your GP can help. ALS is not in this picture. All the best.

--Laurie

Hi really grateful for your reply. I also seem to sometimes have problems initiating a swallow.
Thanks

Nope, nothing you've described has anything to do with ALS. Enjoy your healthy life. Thank goodness you do not need to be here. Best of luck to you.

Hi, I am really sorry you're so anxious about having ALS, when your Dr tells you you've worn high heels for to long. Which I want to comment on by the way. I take high heels very seriously, I loved my shoes. I miss being able to wear them. I personally won't believe anything bad about heels. Sorry just had to get that out of my system. How long have you been going to your Dr? Do you have a reason not to trust him? Don't you think your Dr has your health and well-being at heart? Toes caused you to go to ALS? All the way to an untreatable, fatal illness? How does that happen? I thought I had carpal tunnel. I didn't even know about ALS. Thank God that you do not have to take this journey. BTW if the damage to your toes is irreversible, where the heels proudly .

Hi, not only the toes issues. I seem to be dropping things.

Thanks

You are now reporting “symptoms” in 3 different areas - your toes, hands ( dropping) and swallow. ALS does not work like this. it starts in one area and spreads there before moving on. Nor is anything individually concerning. A space between toes is not atrophy, dropping thing non specific , sometimes having problems with a swallow not how bulbar works

your doctor clearly was not worried. We agree. You are free to disbelieve us but you asked for input and we have given it. Arguing with us does not convince us You were answered by a paralyzed person, someone who has been caring for her husband with ALS for over 2.5 years and someone who lost her husband to ALS after a long battle. I am FALS- the sixth person in my family in my lifetime to be affected and now we have a 7th. We know ALS you are not describing it

You're adding things in response to each answer, which tells me your symptoms appear perceived rather than realistic. As such, continuing to ask questions of terminally Ill people is fruitless and intrusive. Please speak to someone about your fears; there's nothing on this forum that pertains to anything you are describing. Best of luck to you.

really grateful for all your replies. I wish you all the best and i sincerely apologise if I offend anyone. I suffer from extreme health anxiety since my husbabd started is pancreatic cancer battle. Best wishes to all

So very sorry if I have offended anyone it was not my intention . Neither did I want to upset anyone. I also know what it is to live with a terminally ill person. My extreme fear started witj me dropping things , which I still do. I wish you guys all the best from the bottom of my heart xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back