Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyppo,

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to seriously resond to someone with your screen name on a medical related forum? Ever consider changing it?:-D

Just thought I'd throw that in...

Zaphoon

hyppo,

I am sorry, I was not trying to be a downer. And I am not trying to talk about dying, I guess i was saying what I feel works for ME, since you asked about 'coping'. I agree with beth, denial works great for me also. I use it alot, but when I have a new symptom or feel scared, that is when I try to appreciate just being here in any condition and accept that other people have had worse things happen and I should be thankful for the wonderful 36 yrs that I have had thus far.

I thought your fears of als were related to the eventual outcome, that is why I posted about that.
If your fears are just handling the diagnosed process, then it could be a long ride. what I do is try to stay as busy as possible. I am sorry if I offened you.....

I also was just saying that when your afraid of something, you can ask what is the worst thing that could happen? That is what I was referring to. And going from there.

It's ok. I'm gonna try to find ways to cope. For now I think I have to get off the web, and this site too, for a little while. Googling certainly hasn't made things better for me.

Beth, I'm really bad at denial. But I will give it a go. I have spent a lot of googling hours trying to find other possible causes, but for me that's not very constructive either. Essentially it's the same thing. If I google ALS I look for things that point away from it, If I search for thyroid problems I look for things that would point towards it. Either way we're going to end up with a lot of information that we didn't look for and that increases our frustration. The web is really fond of ALS. It's every hypochondriacs biggest obsession –*therefore it gets a lot of hits – therefore it ends up at the top of the charts.

About the screen name, I get your point. I guess, in some wierd way I don't really want to be taken seriously. It's better to be a hypocondriac than fatally ill. Anxiety is a nice little thing to reach for when you have a symptom that freaks you out.

hyppo,

Gosh, couldn't we just be talking about the zoo?

Really, shut down the internet, and either get busy living or get busy dying!

Remember, life is NOT practice, so just enjoy it-

Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back