Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Hello, my name is Melissa. I’ve been really worried for a few months now. Some of these symptoms ive noticed for years. Unfortunately, I googled my symptoms and it ended me up here. I hope you can tolerate my questions, I’m very worried and unsure of where to turn. Besides obviously going to the doctor.

I have twitches all over my body and have for a long time. Recently one on the bridge of my nose that’s been driving me crazy, & has startled me. I usually only feel them in my legs. When I rub my nose I’ve noticed it twitches more. Almost as if I’m aggravating it.

I’ve also noticed I’ve had more difficulty swallowing. Just feels like I need to drink more after eating to clear my throat. Some days more than others- I first noticed this about 2 years ago.

Also, I have noticed ive been crying out of no where which has been overwhelming. But it only happened 2-3 times and I was pretty stressed.

The most troubling symptom I’ve had is my tongue. It sometimes twitches but it feels heavy. Slightly numb and kind of hurts. I know, strange way to describe it. Also under my chin is where I feel pressure. No one has noticed a change in my speech, but I feel like I talk with more of a lisp when I say certain words. My tongue just feels so strange as if it’s hard to use. These 3 things together is the reason why I’m so worried. 🥺

I am still working, working out, eating and have no muscle wasting that I can see. I’m not dropping this abnormally or having problems Buttoning or getting on my tip toes. But the other issues are why I’m here. Not only that being on this site has really shed Light on how courageous all of you are. Spending your time helping others while some of you are sick is so kind. Thank you know advance for reading this.

Hello Melissa, please read this if you have not already done so: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. This also pertains to tongue twitching. The first sign of bulbar is generally slurred speech that others notice.

Nothing you describe suggests ALS. Please see a doctor if you’re concerned.

Update: I am seeing a doctor who noticed the twitches in my palm and on my nose. The nose quivers have stopped but now my right foot and calf are in so much pain it’s hard to sleep. I cry at night with a heating pad on my foot and calf. Feels like a constant charley horse. Pain when walking and stiffness is present as well.
I do get twitches all over my bodY I’ve noticed. I am so worried about my pain in legs and feet. It’s hard to walk and now I’m back to worrying about ALS. I have a EEG Tomorrow and a mri per the neurologist requests. Does any of this sound like als?

Twitch not twisted!

Not even a tiny bit like ALS but please tell your neurologist tomorrow that you are telling all this to people with a terminal illness, even though you have been told you don't have ALS symptoms. That will really help your neurologist to help you.
Twitching and all this pain are not how ALS presents. You will be fine if you trust your doctors to figure your problems out.

I have absolutely no idea what your twitching issues are, but they are nothing like how ALS is. I'm sure your doc will put you on the correct path to whatever it is he/she thinks is best.

Not even a tiny bit like ALS but please tell your neurologist tomorrow that you are telling all this to people with a terminal illness, even though you have been told you don't have ALS symptoms. That will really help your neurologist to help you.
Twitching and all this pain are not how ALS presents. You will be fine if you trust your doctors to figure your problems out.
I’ll make sure to notify my neurologist. I didn’t ask to see one, I was sent to one due to what my primary care doctor noticed over serveral doctors appointments. Also, my neurologist is who decided to send me for additional testing due to what was concluded from her exam. I’m sorry if my thread annoyed you, I assumed this site was for advice. Again my apologies, please take care and close my thread. I won’t post anymore.

I have absolutely no idea what your twitching issues are, but they are nothing like how ALS is. I'm sure your doc will put you on the correct path to whatever it is he/she thinks is best.
Thank you. You can close my thread, as I won’t be posting or bothering anyone anymore. Take care & blessings to all of you.

Closed per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back