Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Puyalllup
Sorry to post here and thanks for anyone who responds. I'm a 33 year old male About 3 weeks ago I had a weird feeling in calf muscle. Every since my left leg has been spasming and twitching constantly left calf quad hamstring. I get them since in left arm chest and right leg some too. Blood work came back clean as did brain mri to check for ms which runs in family. I have still been able to walk fine and walk on heels and toes and carry my 3 year old. Also feeling more tired then normal and after walking legs are tight and sore. Stopped drinking caffeine and upped water and still constant spasms. My wife has been a mess worried as have I. Just curious if I should worry of als since I won't be able to get into neurologist for over a month. Thanks for any response and your time.

Also have had arms being sore and tired and burning eyes which I didnt even know happened in als until we looked it up to try and ease r minds. I get the spasms up near my throat also and in chest not sure that is anything. Left leg is worst for the spasms but right has started as well. Again thanks so much for anyone who has taken the time to read this. My wife and I have been so stressed this could be start of als we have a 3 year old and now dont want to try for another till we figure this out.

ALS does not present all at once everywhere as you have described. I would stay in touch with your PCP because even with clean bloodwork, this could be a systemic illness, including a virus. Or nothing.

I wouldn't stress while waiting for the neurology appointment, which I would expect to be reassuring.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much for your response we have been very worried reading other stories that it started with twitches and we have been so worried but ill listen to your opinion thank you

I did see my pcp again yesterday and he is referring me to a neuro. He says als is very rare and hopes I dont have it but can't say I don't. Were very nervous my left leg is constant spasms and shaking I dont know if there is weakness. But the fasculations won't stop and they r coming in left quad all over butt cheek stomach chest and face and right leg some were very worried this could be start of als and can't get into neuro for awhile any advice would be appreciated.

As Laurie mentioned, ALS does not start with your type of symptoms. It does not start out with all over twitching, trembling, or shaking. There was nothing found upon clinical exam, either, but it sounds like your PCP is being overly cautious in referring you to a neuro, to calm your nerves. By the way, you know when there is weakness because you are unable to do something you could do before. You don't have that. Congrats!

Thank you very much for response. My wife and I have been a wreck with worry after Google at first thought nothing of als. Just very concerned as I have an almost 3 year old and wife. So been so stressed it could be start of als. Thank you for your time its really appreciated

Hello my neuro appointment is scheduled for dec 14th. I have been trying to keep calm while I wait and worried going to get bad news. The twitching and spasms r almost constant now in both legs and the left feels like vibrating. Idk if the spasms can move like that so fast without failure in one first but very stressed as they keep getting worse. Very hard to keep mind off it when u can feel ur whole lower half spasming constantly. Hoping the news isn't as bad as im thinking at the appointment.

Vibrating is not an ALS symptom. twitching is nonspecific and not worrisome unless there is failure. I am unclear as to what you mean by spasms but I can’t think of any ALS symptom that would be described that way. I am sure the neurologist will reassure you

Sorry by spasms I meant fasculations from my achilles to my hip on both legs. Started on left now right has it too. I dont have failure but legs r sore and tight all over. I'm praying the neuro is good and get better news. And also praying for all those with this disease or with a loved one with it.

Fasciculations are twitches so see comment above

let us know what the neurologist says. Do’t worry in the meantime

Was supposed to have my neurologist appointment Monday but got called and said it got pushed to Jan 8th because they scheduled me with the wrong doctor. I was really hoping to get this over with im stressing super bad because my left lag where twitching started has been super sore everyday after work and the twitching is constant in the left leg and almost always in right and now my left arm has become regular too. My left leg doesn't feel as strong as my right anymore but I am not failing. But now im very stressed csuse have to wait a month longer to see neuro

I dont want to bother anyone but now that I have to wait so much longer for neuro I'm very curious if when weakness starts in a larger muscle if other muscles can just make up for the weakness. I'm still able to do everything but my body feels very sore and tight after work and the twitching is almost constant in both legs and now my left arm. I'm trying to not worry my wife with als but I was hoping to get good news Monday. But now I have to wait till Jan. So trying to see if I should be concerned

Sorry not to bother anyone. But after working all week again for first time since the twitching started a month ago, me legs and hamstrings started cramping Friday and then Saturday my lower left back went out and can barely twist or bend down. I never got a physical exam from doctor just tested reflexes and said had slight hyperflexia in left leg. So I'm just wondering if this sounds like could be als with twitching in bith legs and left arm almost constant and now lower back pain could that be from having weakness and using other body parts making up for it. Or does this sound not like als and something completly different?

Something completely different. Likely all related to a back issue. Follow up with your primary. Good luck

Thank you for your response the back spasmed bad this morning and almost made me fall to my knees so I am going to a chiropractor today to see. I dont know if the spasms in both legs and arm is do to the back cause they started a month before any back pain but I'm going to check and see. I have neuro on jan 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back