Not open for further replies.

jdrexl

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
A little less than two weeks ago I developed twitches in both legs (primarily my left thigh and calf). Were intermittent for a couple days and then I noticed some random twitches in my left bicep/tricep/elbow area and occasionally on my right hand and would have occasional trouble swallowing saliva (not so much food or drink), but this also came and went. About a week after I noticed my leg twitches, I felt some unexplained weakness in my tricep area of both arms (more so on left). Was tiresome to keep arms at 90 degree angle at times. Still now feel generally weak in my arms. I also noticed occasional difficulty using fingers in left hand (thumb and index), in terms of range of motion, but this goes away after a few hours and is typically in the morning. Just a couple days ago I noticed some very slight twitching in my left cheek area (underneath left nostril and around left side of lips and below my lips). Often not perceptible but definitely felt. Now experience much, much less twitching in legs but feel random twitches in both arms, primarily left tricep/bicep/elbow area, although it's more infrequent. Also started noticing my body seems to shake when I yawn and I've been shivering much more when I'm cold than I remember doing...very scared I have ALS despite being 26 years old with no familial history.

ALS issues don't come and go, and the disease doesn't present as you describe. You could have or be recovering from a virus, need more restful sleep, etc. I would contact your internist for evaluation.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back