Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
My mother passed away with ALS 4 years ago this January 13th, 2008.
I'm 29 years old and I'm worried that " I MAY" be experiencing some early stages of this disease.
:-(
It may not be, but there are reasons for me to think that " I could" be.

There is a dull pain in my head at the bottom and my whole left side is weak.. AND the worst part is I have twitching on that whole side......

I choke sometimes when I am breathing. I fell while playing tennis this past summer and twisted my ankle. I know it seems silly but my foot on my left side did not go where I wanted it to and I fell and sprained it.

I could be worrying for no reason. Im just worried because my left side is weaker in the last few weeks and I seem to be clumsy and tripping all the time.

I could perhaps just have a pinched nerve.
I have plans to go see the Neurologist. It is a slim chance that it is in the family.

Stress is really key in ALS. As with most any disease stress makes things worse. Please try to stay calm until you have a reason to worry. Did anyone else in your family have ALS? Say a grandparent? I would go to your doctor and get a referral to a neurologist and set your mind a ease. This is a good place to get support and answers - and prayer.

Try to rest and get answers. Sharonca

Sometimes ALS is hereditary but not always. It can't hurt to get a check up as Sharonca suggested and may set your mind at ease. Sometimes I get clumsier if I'm tired or not eating right... and as we get a little older we need more supplements. My coordination is not what it once was and if I'm tired I slur my words... I've also choked on foods but I know it is pure anxiety. I did it more when Dad was still eating and choking on foods, I found myself having a lot of sympathy symptoms! Some ailments or symptoms can be especially scary for children of people who died from ALS and it is worth checking them out, if only to ease your mind.

Take care,

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back