Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PH
State
MN
City
Manila
I've had twitching in my whole body since October and i've noticed that my right arm is easily fatigued and i have this aching pain down my whole right leg. So my symptoms are all on my right except for my twitches that are in every possible muscle on my body.

Last january, I went to see my Neuro, noticed mild weakness on my right arm compared to my left. So he sent me for EMG-NCV, which came out normal, FT4/TSH was also normal. 2 weeks after, i've noticed atrophy on my right hand, on top of my hand, when i make a fist or flex it, the tendons are very much pronounced than when I do it on my left hand. I sent a picture to my neuro, but told me that I have normal EMG-NCV, so he requested I do cervical MRI, on which it revealed mild dessication of c5-c6, and loss of lordosis probably muscle strain. So he told me it might be neck strain or "gadget neck". So he told me to take Vit B complex on which I am taking everyday.

Now, my twitches are relatively less now, but I am so worried about atrophy on my right hand and right foot. However, I can still do things, can still walk, lift weights. However, there is this lingering muscle pains that are transient and intermittently felt on my arm and legs. I am worried that my EMG-NCV might not have detected it since the muscle tested was my left leg and my right arm. Is it possible to have moderate atrophy without any significant weakness? I am so afraid that one day I will just wakeup and won't be able to move. :( I am only 24 yo Female and we don't have any family history of ALS but i have an a little distant uncle with Parkinsons.

You have nothing to worry about in re ALS. In re the EMG, the hallmark of ALS is muscles that don't have symptoms, that are abnormal on EMG.

If we lined up everyone whose hands and feet differ from L to R, that have transient muscle pains, and mild spine degeneration from too many hours hunched over screens, we'd have most of the population.

There's a good stretch you can do, kind of like what people do moshing but more gentle, that is great for unkinking "gadget neck," along with mounting/standing your gadgets at eye level. So is daily stretching, ballet, Pilates, tai chi, and the like.

Your neuro doesn't seem worried about the atrophy you perceive, but your PCP can certainly track your musculature and strength.

Best,
Laurie

Nah, you are good I'm sure as that is nothing like ALS.

Try reading this and talk to your doctor if you have any more concerns.

Thank you for your quick response. I will try to deal with my anxiety and help heal my body. I hope the best in everyone.

I cannot shake off the fact that my right foot and right hand are atrophying :(( They look smaller and have bigger dents and more pronounced deep tendons :(((((

You don't have ALS, you have health anxiety, and you're coming here asking people to soothe that anxiety. This is not really the forum for that, perhaps an anxiety forum may be better.

Plus, PALS now have the added worry of potentially getting the virus on top of everything else as they have compromised immune systems. They dont need to be answering the same thing over and over; they have enough going on. So please, as you said you would, go work on your health anxiety. You dont belong here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back