Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
I'm grateful for this forum and I appreciate anyone that responds to my concerns. I awoke Dec.9, 2019 to my finger twitching, by end of week they were throughout my entire body, even in my ear. Jan.2020 had an upper EMG and was told I had Benign Fasiculations and to calm down, drink tonic water, and they would go away. I was greatly relieved. However they never went away. March 30, 2020 new neuro, he did upper and lower EMG in April. His findings: carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, and benign/cramp fasciculation syndrome. Over the course of these last 15 months I have continually had the fasiculations, off and on muscle cramps in left hand and left quad and calve, a couple of times spasticity of left calve, constant throat clearing, and now this week constant facial/jaw fasiculations, tightness, jaw fatigue, as well as some swallowing trouble. Food remaining in back of throat. I also have nightly hypnic jerks (hope that's correct term), and sometimes night sweats. I don't seem to have weakness in any other areas, and haven't fallen. I have call in for another neuro appt. And would like another EMG. I'm just wondering if this is how als could present, or bulbar als?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back