Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
Hello to you all and thankyou for the great help I've seen on this forum!

ive also read stickes

Let me start by saying i see a lot of people argue with you all I'm just here for questions , and not to argue with people as some do.

1. I started having a few head aches a few months ago, and i thought, oh no i recently know someone who got diagnosed very very distantly and made the mistake of googling (clever me)

2. then on reading symptoms my legs started to feel weaker and i was very very worried to the point of crying been very scared i have the disease.

3. Shortly after that i started with twitches in my legs then started to spread all over my body, and with a weird cramping feeling in my leg, but it never locked, this has happened a few times where the sensation lasted like 12h but it past/

4. So me been a mess panicking i booked into a physiologist, did all checked and said he didn't think i showed any signs he could see.

I was ok for a few days and now I'm still getting slight cramp all though it passed 2 days ago, and still getting twitches etc which is really scaring me, the doctor has give me some tablets for anxiety but the twitches are still happening in my legs and abit other places, should i be more worried about all these twitches/Fasciculations as there everyday multiple times mainley in legs sometimes other places, I.E temple of head, Leg, calf, elbow, if i didnt have these twitches i think id be perfect;y fine tho have very little head aches, any advice or words of wisdom, also planning on donating to the cause as cant even imagine what alot of people go through, thankyou.

//Twitches everyday mostly legs like 1h between twitches// sometimes tingles ((not as worried about that))

and if anyone could explain what hyperflexia is in better detail i would really appriciate it

Twitches are very common and in the absence of any other signs ( especially weakness) not something to worry about

you had a headache and it led you to ALS?? Headaches in ALS are late symptoms of either respiratory failure or secondary to significant neck weakness. There are a billion reasons for headaches. Of course PALS can also get headaches from many non ALS causes just like everyone else

hyperreflexia is overactive reflexes found by the doctor on clinical exam. They are not something you feel or can test yourself or have someone learn to do properly on the internet. You said your exam has normal so you don’t have them

if you can’t stop worrying about the twitches even though you were examined and reassured ask your doctor for help. Fire Mr Google

Hi Nikki, thankyou for that amazing responce,

So even if the the twitches are alot it could just be down to that been my body and thats just the way i am? Even tho its annoying, Dr Google, has been learned not to use anymore haha

I think my physiopherapist must have checked me for hyperflexia actually,

like i say i feel so silly its just the twitches what freak me the F out cos its all day like 5 to 6 times like 4 in legs rest other places aha, thankyou for some reasurence it was brilliant, and i we was talking ive rang a help line for anxiety for therapy and gonna keep taking my beta blocks Propofolol ,

bastard twitches and bastard Dr Google...

also all that said you wouldnt think i have it even with cramps and twitches, this has really helped me

Go see a doctor, you said at the start you won't argue, I really appreciate that.

So I ask you to log off here now, see a doctor and only return once to report the diagnosis which is not ALS so talking any further here is asking the terminally ill to waste what time they have left. All the best, but please don't do this. No more questions.

Hello sorry to keep it simple, i took affected advice and i really really calmed down, BUT.

I've recently started coughing when i take a drink or eat, but now i cough quiet a few times during the day, but i understand it could be a bug and my stomach aches, as well, but the reason im here is cos my gf accidenely set fear onto me when she said what if its going in the wrong pipe, also ive been out of breath but dont have the need to sit down i can keep going (had covid test im ok) when walking up stairs or things like that.

but the main thing is im asking for reassurence then i can finally get out my head and not have to come here and ask questions cos it worked last time

.. is the coughing people feel with the disease more of a choke and an aggresive cough fit and would they continue coughing through out the day, with a dry cough and can stomach continue at random parts of day, also the same question regards to coughing and respitory als., random note eye twitching is slightly worse.

Sorry i ask these questions, i have2 little girls and it just really scares me when i think of it, but after this and will follow advice and try live life. thankyou!

You said you would not argue yet here you are seeking reassurance for a disease you don't have. There's nothing more the folks here can do as it is no one's job to handhold your anxiety. You do not have ALS, so it's best to move on.

If you do see a neurologist, please update as to how things went. It's always helpful for others who also have health anxiety to see why twitching, random coughing etc., does not mean ALS.

Until then...

you simply must go and see your doctor concerning this cough as it truly isn't ALS but could be a wide range of things from a reflux issue, to asthma to a virus of some kind.
it is not appropriate to use us instead of medical examination and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back