Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
City
Edmonton
I start having muscle twitches in my calves which are spreading,in October 2019, and previous year or so severe leg cramps. But what most bothersome it's my throat clearing and cough syndrome ( I was diagnosed couple of years ago). My cough became progressively worse since October, I'm coughing non stop, but not at night. I feel like my throat in closing and my husband told me that I breath very heavy when I sleep. Many times at night I'm waking up with a feeling that I can't breathe, like my throat is closing. My GP give me prescription for nasal sprays, asthma medication but nothing helps. It's getting worse, I don't know what to do. Could that be ALS? I don't have swallowing problem, my legs and hands functioning properly, but my hands shaking when I'm holding cup, or something else. My arms feel fatigued so. I have acid reflux but insignificant one, GP thinks that it shouldn't cause cough. And I don't have anxiety. Please help...

Hi Raven, sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Not sure what you mean by "cough syndrome," but there's a lot of chicken and egg when it comes to not sleeping well, which it sounds like you're not. I would ask about a sleep study at home or in a lab to see if you need breathing support during the night. Getting that sorted could improve some if not all of your other issues.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Raven, sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Not sure what you mean by "cough syndrome," but there's a lot of chicken and egg when it comes to not sleeping well, which it sounds like you're not. I would ask about a sleep study at home or in a lab to see if you need breathing support during the night. Getting that sorted could improve some if not all of your other issues.

Best,
Laurie
Hi Laurie, ENT diagnosed my constant cough as cough syndrome, they don't know what causing it. It became progressively worse a few month ago, I thought it could be some symptoms of ALS, as I have twitches, hand shakes. I have appointment with neurologist only at 27 of August. I'm 58 years old, female. I'm on meds for depression for 18 years, maybe its side effects, I'll see my doctor next week. Thank you very much Laurie for reply and I apologize for my writing, English not my first language. Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back