Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Hi All,
This is the Time Line

2006- When I was doing exercise, I felt that the right leg is tired more than left. Then I saw that my right hand was a bit weak compared to left.

Went to Several Doctors, they did EMG/EEG/MRI/NCV etc..
Everything was normal and they said it is nothing.

Years passed , I have not worried.

But past 7-8 years I have observed that there is muscle wasting on body on right side.

I believe this was the case from long time.

right jaw muscle is less than left.
right hand muscle less than left.
right abdomen mass less than left.
right buttock mass buttock mass less than left.
right leg mass less than left.
Right foot mass less than left.
even inside the mouth, if I touch with tongue, right side the muscle mass little less than left.

I can do everything now a healthy man can do except that I feel more weakness on right side.

past 10 years , I roamed many places, ran, played tennis..I cans till play tennis for 2 hours..

Not lost weight but gained weight.

Past 11 years the complaint is same but nothing has drastically waned.

My right side body is strong and I see no muscle atrophy.

I am confused to go to the doctor now as it will be "wait and see" mode or a series of tests.

I had X-ray Chest and CT Scan neck for some other problem and everything is normal in that.

Please let me know if anyone had gone through the same situation.

I never got a twitch in hands and got twitch in calf muscle some time after swimming.
My eye brow muscle will slightly move sometimes and some time I feel mild muscle moments here and there.

Last edited:
Chicago, as you have been essentially stable in strength for 11 years, and can play tennis for 2 hours, it is hard to worry. I would continue as you have -- it obviously works for you.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you. Though I do things which normally a healthy guy can do.. my muscle atrophy is true and visible. I am worried that would something manifest in future.
I can do everything now, but I think if I have the same strength, it would be good. I would like to know the reason and try to correct this if I can :(

Just wondering , in ALS, is there be any possibility that a muscle loses some of its mass and stay like that for many years like 7,8,9 etc...

Again,. Thank you for the reply.

I know of no such cases. If nerve damage caused by ALS was severe enough to make the muscles shrivel, they would become correspondingly weak because they would no longer be nourished, if you will, by those nerves.

Thank you. I have attached my lgs pic. Please let me know if is this atrophy? or do you see any atrophy? Sorry for the unsolicited image.

https://ibb.co/mw3Xtw

Virtually no one spends 8 years developing ALS symptoms. You have no cause for concerns about ALS.

Thank you Greg and I apologize to post the pics. I am sorry if I break any forum rules.

Made me laugh again grouchy Greg lol!

Thank you all for the information. I have reexamined my self that my whole body, ear, face,hands,thighs, feet...inside mouth etc..all muscles are little smaller than the other side...even ear muscle..I can feel the difference..I thin this is there for long time 7-8 years as I can see the same thing in the old photographs.. as of now I don't have any problems but wondering what can cause this? I must say a "non progressive, all muscle little wasting on whole body..". Wondering if anyone has had this kind of symptoms and wanted to know how they have overcome it.. even for tongue..the mass is less on the right side compared to left...

Krisamba, you wrote...

" I have reexamined myself"

That don't work.

If you have neurological concerns... schedule another Neuro appointment.

Do that before you post anymore symptoms...

Best wishes. :)

PS You also wrote...

"I am confused to go to the doctor now as it will be "wait and see" mode or a series of tests."

Geeze. If you are concerned and in fear of having ALS... do what you gotta do! We all have.

Last edited:
Krisamba, I am not trying to be rude or insensitive, but I notice the letters MD Do not follow your name. You are not qualified to examine your self, if you seriously believe that you have a MND, then you need to make an appointment with a neurologist that specializes in this area.

Most respectfully,

Tom

TomSanti/ClearWater . Thank you for the reply and I completely understand you. I will try to talk to the doctor, but just wanted to know if there are any similar cases which any one forum know and what was that turned to be..My questions are if if it was something like MND, 1) Can someone still able to do everything alright even after 10 years of Symptoms ( Now I have almost have strength of a healthy guy, but less strength on right side)?

You've had your questions answered already. Time to move on and go speak to a neurologist about your queries.

Take care and good luck in the future.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back