Country
Uk
State
Kent
City
T wells
Hi there everyone,
Thank you in advance for reading this!
First of all my aunty (my mum's sister) passed away from als at the age of 51, so its worries me its in our family genes.

The last 10 days, I've having a lot of muscle tightness in my legs, mainly the left one, shooting nerve pain in the legs feet arms and hands.
Feels like spasms and tight cramping in legs and arms too, it really hurts when walking espically my left.

I can move my arms and legs ok just painful, and there dosent seem to be any muscle loss, and ive not lost any weight, my grip is fine too.

When i was walking earlier carrying t felt like my left leg was going to buckle it felt quite weak.
The first sign i had was the muscke twitching, i get it alot in the side of my hands, then arms, and legs.

I saw a nurse today as when i rang the see she was worried about a clot, she went through my symptoms and she thinks maybe it could be cramp.

I have a drs apt on Friday, so hoping that will give me a few answers.

Is there any 'tests' I can do at home to see if I have any muscle wastage symptoms ect?

I have 3 young children, 8, 4 and 4 months old and im petrified to have als and leave my babies behind :(

I saw how als took hold of my aunty and its scared me.

Any advice would be amazing thank you xx

Re: Worried i have ALS, I'm 31 and worried about leaving my kifs without a mum 😢

Sorry to hear about your aunty, but one case does not mean "it's in your genes."

With three young kids, you have a lot going on physically and mentally. Likely the appointment Friday will be reassuring to you. Meanwhile, a hot tub and/or massage is worth considering, even some simple stretches morning and night.

Nothing you have said sounds like ALS, though, and there is no point to looking for atrophy.

Best,
Laurie

Re: Worried i have ALS, I'm 31 and worried about leaving my kifs without a mum 😢

Mod note, past posts: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/30603-aunty-died-mnd-scared-i-m-getting.html

It sounds like you've been worried for at least 3 years now- which is quite a long time. I am so sorry at the loss of your aunt- it has obviously affected you deeply.

You really would have shown serious disability by now if you had ALS. Hopefully you will gain reassurance with the answers you get here. There really are no tests you can conduct at home to assess your own muscles in a way a doctor can. See your doctor, let them know what your fears are and let them guide you about what to do next based on their clinical exam.

best wishes

Hi again, Pipl. Sorry to see your anxiety is still out of control. 9 years is a long time to suffer anxiety.

You still don't have any ALS. Once again, get that anxiety under control--it's depriving you and your children of a good life.

Hi everyone,
Thank you reading my post, i havent really worried about it, for 3 years, that's the last time i was on here, i do suffer with aniexty, but ive had counselling which helped abit.

I've just never had all these symptoms so intense before, shooting pains, joint pain, nerve feeling painmuscle cramps, weakness and lots of twitching, feeling like my leg is going to buckle, think the left leg is a little bit smaller than the other and the muscle isnt quite as strong sometimes.

Being a mum makes me worry more, as my girls are my world and cant bear the thought of them seeing me with als.

If you Google my symptoms it does tend to come up with als.

Sorry for being a pain and waffling on again!

You guys are great on here taking the time out of your day, to read these posts, i really appericate it thank you :)

Pipl. Please re-read Atsugi's reply above again. Twice if you need to.

You do not have ALS.

Enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back