00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fort Wayne
Hi

My name is Jared Fisher and I am concerned I may possibly have ALS. I do have severe health anxiety and I mean this in no way to offend anyone at all I understand how devastating this disease is and I have the utmost respect for anyone who does have it and their care givers.

Ok so it all started about a month ago when I felt tingling in my left leg and it felt weak. So then I did what most hypochondriacs did and consulted Dr. Google and saw everything it could be and freaked out. I since then have developed twitching all over but primarily my left calf and quad.

Now I have also been to the ER 3 times, my doctor 2 times, and saw 2 different ortho doctors but I still can’t get this out of my head.

They all did the physical exam and said I had nothing to worry about even got an MRI of my cervical spine and brain both very clear and blood tests which were also clear. I even did a grip strength test and it turns out my left was actually stronger then my right. I’ve been able to still workout and maintain the same weight I can lift. The only thing about that is my left seems to fatigue and get sore faster.

So my question is does any of this sound like I should concerned? Does anyone think this sounds like ALS. I know I probably sound totally crazy to all of you and I’m sorry for that but I’m 20 and this has just been weighing on me so much and I’ve found a lot of comfort on this forum I just think getting some kind of answer from someone on here would help me tremendously. Again I do not mean to offend or make anyone mad I’m just a very anxious person and need reassurance.

Thank you,
Jared Fisher

Last edited by a moderator:
No and no. I see no reason for concern, least of all about ALS. But if your health anxiety is affecting your life, it's time to get help or kick the help that you're getting up a notch. Even counseling via video can be of great benefit, and the counselor can assign you "homework" as well.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you so much this helps me tremendously I have started with a therapist this week hoping it will help. Appreciate your response makes me feel a lot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back