Country
SW
State
SW
City
Stockholm
Hello everyone,

My name is Elena, I'm 29 years old.
For about 2months I've been now feeling weakness and twiching in my left arm / hand. It started first in my little and ring finger, but as I work on computer on daily basis I have not thought of it so much. After while it started to feel worse so I started to google and ALS came out as a big scare. I feel how my fore-arm gets weak, it feels like it gets 'heavy' and my wrist starts to feel weird and stiff, my arm and kind of my whole body is twiching and I can't focus on anything else. I'm extremely worried. With all of this I even get tingeling in my whole face, sometimes it feels like my face is getting stiff. My left leg is also getting vibrations, mostly during the evening and night.

I do still have the grip, I workout and nothing is falling out my hand, but somehow my brain is screaming ALS to me. I have a MRI booked on friday 11/11 to make sure it's not a neurologick sickness due to the vibrations. I'm scared to ask if it can be ALS, because I feel like the doctors wont take me seriously as I'm quite young and so many symptoms are here at the same time.

I compare my hands and every dent I get, My left hand has less muscless and is thinner than my right arm and hand. I feel like I see muscle atrophy in my left hand.
I try to do pushups everyday just to make sure I can and I have not lost all my strenght, but I do feel such a weird feeling in my left arm and get so much worried.

Somehow I came to this page and read through alot of 'could this be ALS post..' where I found few people who actually got diagnosed with ALS in the end. This makes me even more worried. I know you guys will probably say I'm crazy and should stop reading and googling, but please, help me. Would you consider this as a start of ALS ?

Thank you for your help,

Last edited by a moderator:
What did your doctor say when you were given an examination for these things?

I have not been sent to neurologist. My doctor just sent me to MRI brain, did alot of blood tests and didn’t think its needed to be worried. He told me to try psychologist, as he thinks may be stress and anxiety.
But I didnt want to ask about ALS, I was just too worried.

I would suggest you follow your doctors advice. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back