Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
I’ve returned to seek any advice anyone would be so kind to give. I sent many questions and ultimately had my thread closed and told not to ask more until I had an appointment with a neurologist. I bought a short term insurance plan that and my pcp referred me to a neurologist, but was informed they do not take my insurance. I don’t know what to do but wait on my new employer insurance plan to take effect. I’m supposed to start my new job June 2 and will need to wait for some time before new insurance begins and to find another neurologist to see. I’m just about spent.

Please, someone tell me what you’d do in my situation. I have twitches, they aren’t terrible. I just notice them here and there. I have tight calves. Mainly the right which feels like an ache. I used to have a squeezing type of ache, like it could turn into a cramp, but didn’t. I notice that I have stiffness in my right hand but it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like it’s swollen but it’s not. Sometimes my toes on the right side feel stiff. I noticed a dent at the top of my lower left leg the other day. It’s definitely new.

I used to feel numbness or buzzing feeling in my legs but that seems to have gotten quieter. Sometimes the outside of my right upper leg aches and feels like I’ve been sitting on it too long, though I haven’t. I’ve felt electrical shocks on my left side at the top on my arm that radiates - it hurts and is pretty intense. I’m no longer exercising often as I’m so stressed and depressed that I’m a basket case of anxiety.

My new job starts June 2 and it’s pretty demanding physically as in constant walking and operating lasers. I’m so scared that I won’t be able to perform. This twitching has been going on for months, the foot, calf, spasms have been going on for a year. As I mentioned before in my closed thread, I believe I have muscle wasting in my upper abdominal region. It’s sunken there. Also, I had horrible rigid spasms in my lower abdomen for a year. I do believe they have gotten better.

Please if anyone believes and will be so kind to read let me know if you think I should try to pay out of pocket for a neurologist. Do my signs and symptoms make you think I have a reason to think this could be ALS. Also, would I have seen progression of signs in your opinion by now if so. I’m almost to the end of my rope and feeling very defeated by my constant symptoms without anywhere to turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous thread

As before, we have no reason to suspect ALS. There are free and low-cost resources for discussing anxiety via a telemedicine visit. Use one. And if you are "a basket case of anxiety," I would not be operating lasers, so that is another reason to seek help. But we can't resolve your issues here, so I am closing this thread lest you be tempted to believe otherwise. The best help you can have is in your own hands. You have to talk with someone face to face (even by video) about this.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back