Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
San Antonio
Hello. This is not my first time going down this worry. It happened back in 2018, where I was focused on my body and twitches. For a whole year my anxiety was thinking I had ALS and it came to the point where I saw a neuromuscular neurologist, they did my EMG and it was clean. Nothing, not even fasics showing on my results. No evidence of NMD or neuropathy. I was happy to let this go and which I kinda did. It was always back of my mind but I moved on with my life.

Now. A few weeks ago I was helping my coworker out and helped her carry two 12 packs of sodas from her car to our offices which is a pretty long walk and I can tell my hand was tired. So I sit down and I grabbed my soda and I noticed my left hand was shaking. Almost like a tremor. I decided to just relax and not over think but it was it was still on my mind. Couple days pass and I did yard work with the weed eater and my hand was again shaking. I was really concerned and got me worried even more.

Now whenever I use my left hand I’m seeing if I shake or trembles which it does to a certain degree but nothing like it was before. Now my head is in a big cluster of thoughts thinking is this how ALS starts. I’m doubting myself and rational thoughts. I know this clear symptom is failure. But as you know we try to find certain ways that it applies to us and I can’t seem to move on from this. I even ask my family if my hands are shaking and everyone tells me no.

I’m really sorry that I’m posting this. I know you all have had someone with ALS or you have it and I’m ashamed that I’m here. Especially during Christmas. I just want someone’s advice on this. Thank you.

I am truly sorry you have ruined your holiday with this worry. You know that jumping to ALS from this is not reasonable. As we always say see your doctor for health concerns but please put ALS out of your mind rest your probably strained arm and enjoy the season with your family. Merry Christmas

Thank you Nikki. So just to be clear nothing from my post sounds concerning? Ty.

If that had happened to me before onset I wouldn’t have worried and I am FALS and was known gene positive Please go do something fun and nice with your family

No, it doesn't. Go enjoy Christmas like the able-bodied person you are and quit wasting time on a disease you don't have

Last edited:
Honey, log off now, you've been reassured. Please don't let this take hold of you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back