Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
GR
State
KO
City
Ptolemaida
Hey guys. How are you? I am ok. I was sick again in August, i had some great vacation and then i got sick, fever again, and finally my tests showed Urinal Infection. I had my treatment and i am better. NarrowMinded thanks for the answer, its not only me you know. My sisters too are scared, This thing has left a huge scar on us, huge, everything that happens to us we connect it with ALS. I wanna ask something, if you guys know, my mother had Herpes Zoster a year ago before we get her diagnosis. Anyone knows if there is some kind of connection? Suddenly my younger sister got herpes zoster, and she is 40 years old. And i remember it well because i was the one going with mum at the dermatologist. I am so scared that my sister is going to get sick. She called me terrified, and said mum had it before she got sick, do you think ill get sick too? I couldnt sleep for two days. God. When this fear is going to end?
I hope you are all doing well, iam sending you my kisses and hugs, sorry to be such a bother. I still take every day as it comes, day by day. I still feel heavy at the way i lost mum/. I still ask myself why? Why? What happened? What caused it? I dunno.

No there is no evidence of a connection between zoster and ALS. Zoster is quite common and as with ALS cases increase with age.i am sure some people besides your mother had zoster at some point before getting ALS. Others had colds, dog bites or ate ice cream. that doesn’t mean they caused ALS or that they were a sign of ALS to come.

no one knows why ALS happens unless it is FALS. As we told you before there is no evidence of FALS in your family. You need to accept that sometimes medicine can’t say why

I messaged you about this -- no connection but suggest you get the vaccine after acute symptoms have subsided, unless you are in a group that it's not recommended for.

Thank you Nikki for your answer. Reading your posts on other threads, you a light shining on others. So emotional after reading your news, and everyoelses here, brought memories of when i first came here, and you all kept me sane. I sound scared shitless dont i? Such a coward. Anyway, i am sending you my love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back