Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
PANAMA CITY BEACH
Hi, I have read the sticky which answered a few of my questions, but I still have some symptoms worrying me and would be grateful for opinions of people more informed than I.

I am a 23yo Male, and around September 4th I noticed my right thumb area was feeling a little odd and stiff which didn't surprise me considering I am constantly on the computer. I decided to take it easy for a little while to hope it would improve on its own, but after 2 weeks I still felt like my manual dexterity in my right hand was not normal and I began feeling some other symptoms that drove my anxiety up a little more. When lifting things heavier than maybe 10-15 pounds I have felt a little shaky and fatigued easier than normal. I have twitching occasionally, mostly in my lower left leg and foot. The twitching doesn't make me too nervous, as it's primarily on the other side of my body from where I feel weak, and I still have minor amounts of twitching in my upper arms, and face.

Another thing that has me worried is that occasionally, although I haven't felt in ~2 weeks now, both of my forearms have gone through short periods where they felt very sore, and after the soreness subsided, I thought they felt stiff on the outside, but I had my dad who has worked in the medical field feel them, and he thought they were fine.

As of today my right hand/thumb area still feels about the same, I don't believe I have been unable to do anything I could do before, but I have some small motions such as rubbing my thumb + index finger together feels different and slower. Around 3 weeks after this this started I started to feel some of the same things in my left hand almost exactly the same as my right. I don't know if this is relevant information, but when I take either Aleve or Advil, it seems to help somewhat but that could just be in my head.

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read and respond to me. I've never been anxious in my life, but I suppose that has changed now. I realize that my odds of having ALS at 23 are astronomically low, but due to some covid related circumstances, and that I live in the USA, I can't really afford a doctors visit unless absolutely necessary, and knowing that my newfound anxiety is surely playing a part in what I'm feeling has dissuaded me from feeling like it's absolutely necessary yet.

Asked and answered. Maybe it's time to look at your computer setup from an ergonomic perspective. And wiggle all your fingers together on an hourly basis. Diet, sleep and run-of-the-mill fitness are all worth keeping up.

Always worth also scrutinizing the "newfound anxiety" for something else besides your health that it might reflect, and acknowledging/addressing those issues as best as you can.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back