00/0000
Country
US
State
NH
City
Dover
Hi there,

I first started to get these symptoms at age 19 when i would flex my bicep, and the muscle contraction would cause my bicep to act spastic and cramp. It also happens when i move my shoulders, legs, sides in a certain way. then a few years later, my left eye started to droop and is still drooping. I have a hiccup that occurs about once a day that i think is a diaphragm contraction. I struggle to speak clearly, but I always have. I am also feeling weaker but everyday life is not impeded. My hands shake when the waiter asks to see my ID and i hold the ID up for them. Every once in awhile i will lose my balance and have to regain it or i will have a half step when i am walking and stumble. I am now 23, and these symptoms are not going away. The muscle/eye problem makes me think i have a neurological issue most likely ALS. I Know how rare it is at this age, but nothing else can explain it. Would like to hear some honest feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Go see a doctor. I do not believe you are one so how do you know what may or may not explain your symptoms. Eye droop is NOT an ALS symptom. If you want to focus on a neuro disease ask Mr Google about myasthenia gravis. But best go to the doctor present your symptoms and ask what is wrong with me

I did show my doctor my muscle and he did refer me to a neurologist so I am waiting to go. I am going to a nephrologist as well. The muscle cramping, does that sound like ALS to you? Muscle cramping for 4 years now.. when I move my arms a certain way my shoulder or biceps tend to cramp and I lose control for a bit. It is certainly abnormal and I can't find really anyone that has anything similar

Muscle cramps for 4 years with no muscle function failure? No, it doesn't sound at all like ALS, as do none of your other issues.

Good luck with your doc. I'm sure he/she can guide you on what your issues may be.

Thank you for your response. Over the 4 years, function failure? No. But I do go to the gym and usually have to cut it short due to my muscles cramping and fatigue. I throw a ball to my dog in the backyard and on far throws, my shoulder hurts a bit. So, not failure but I would not say 100% function, which makes me think it's possible that something is going on that is slowly progressing

Try to calm down now and explain your symptoms to the neurologist, but don't mention ALS, let them work through the clinical exam and process the way a trained medical professional feels is appropriate.
No way this is any slow progression ALS, it just isn't. All the best, whatever is going on, you are on a track to work out now which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back