Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
Wa
City
Seattle
Hey everyone. This is my first post. About 3 weeks ago I began to feel an extremely strange burning sensation that would travel between my arms and legs. It was almost like that butterfly feeling you get in your stomach but in my muscles. This would move around throughout the day and would make the limb feel weak that it was currently in. Now it has mostly settled in my left leg. Then 8 days ago I began to twitch in my legs constantly. It seems to be in my left leg more mostly but I do get some twitching in my right along with a few here and there in my arms. I've also been having pretty bad aches in my legs. Again mostly my left. I have read the stickies and almost didn't post anything, but I'm scared sick. I did go the a neuro and he didn't see any weakness and really didn't think much of my symptoms. So here I am worried. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Mike hon, the sticky is our official position.

ALS is a disease which kills the motor neurones in the brain so all this stuff you are feeling is something else entirely. Go to your doctor and discuss your anxiety so you can get to the bottom of whatever is happening. Terminal illness however it is not :)

Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back