Other
Country
US
State
Chicago
City
Illinois
Hello, I'm a 17 year old and here are my symptoms:

Muscle Fasciculations all over the body for 5 months now they are everywhere eyes, feet, biceps, calves and sometimes in my tummy

Recently i noticed that i hit objects often i feel out of balance

I noticed that my left bicep has a bigger muscle than my right bicep (my right hand is my dominant hand) I don't know maybe i just can't flex my muscle like my left at my right that's why i'm scared that this may be a ALS but i can lift in my both arms some barbels i tried today and both of my arms can lift a barbel

I think my grandpa died because of ALS but i'm not sure of that because he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease

I already went to a Neurologist 2x First she ordered me an EEG it came back clear then i went to her for the 2nd time asked about ALS if i have one she said i don't she did some neurological tests to me said i'm all fine and normal

I'm really scared about my symptoms please help me :oops:

Dude, smart woman. Listen to her. Trust her. She's got it going on.

Go see your GP for reassurance.

All the best with getting on with the rest of your life.

Three really, really big and important points, Philip:

A clear EMG means no ALS.
If a neurologist examines you and says you're good, who are you to second-guess her?

17 years old and worried about ALS?
- First, ALS is for much older people. We are in our 50s and 60s. There have been several people in their twenties who got ALS, as young as 27. So now you're going to set the world record for youngest kid with ALS?
- Second, at 17, you don't need to be thinking about the weird things that human bodies do. We twitch, our arms and legs are not symmetric. We all feel weird from time to time.

At 17, you need to enjoy life, have fun, get some air with your buds, volunteer to do good work, maybe join the service and see the world. Don't be thinking about what might be wrong with you.

Anyway, I was just scared because my muscle at my left bicep(non-dominant) is bigger than my dominant bicep and i can't flex it like my left arms. I can still raise barbels tho both arms should i worry about it? I can still raise my arms without any difficulty

I meant i can flex my left properly but hard on my right sorry for spamming

If you're concerned about the flexing, see your family GP doctor.

You definitely don't have ALS, so I need to ask you to leave.

I just noticed my tongue is having a fasciculation and it won't stop i'm so scared what should i do i think i have als :((((

And also for the past month i notice my speech is stammering

hon please stop and go have a serious talk with your parents and ask them to help you get help from a doctor for your anxiety.

You don't have a single thing that is even remotely like ALS, but you do have a treatable medical condition.

We can't help you sweetheart, you must leave and the moderators would do you a favour by closing this thread now. This is not being mean, this is for your own good.

Im also experiencing similar symptoms im also 17 unfortunately i have had a surgery for my flat feet done and they dont seem do be working as i think my foot muscles are getting smaller it causes exetreme unbearable discomfort and my foot dctor refused to remove the metal screws in my foot as i have yet to be diagnosed

Apologies to all readers. This thread has gone on too long.
Philip and Cres, talk to your moms. Neither of you could possibly have ALS.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back