Not open for further replies.

Lodinggggg

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
Hi, sorry to be a bother, but i’ve been experiencing symptoms which have caused me constant unrelenting anixety, including body wide twitching, odd pain in both big toes, uncomfortable feelings in the right side of my mouth and cramping in my calves. I feel as though I’m slurring my speech, but everyone I ask says I sound normal. This all started about 2 months ago, could this be als? And would someone be experiencing some type of weakness at this point if it were?

This doesn’t sound like ALS onset no. And ALS at age 13 is so incredibly incredibly rare that it shouldn’t even be on your radar. Stop googling and ask a parent to take you to your doctor so they can reassure you and help with your anxiety

Please go speak to your parents about your fears. A forum like this is not really a place for one so young who may be experiencing anxiety. You don't describe ALS at all, so I do hope this puts your mind at ease. If it does not, again, please bring these fears to your parents. Parents are much more understanding than kiddoes believe they are.

Good luck to you.

Thank you so much for the responses, one more thing I forgot to note is, i've been to a pediatrician I am presenting with just a little bit of unsustained clonus, essential tremors and i'm just a bit hyperreflexive(can this be benign?), the hyperreflexia was about on the border of what is considered normal and the pediatrician didn't say they were worried about als, but i'm thinking that's only because of my age, not my symptoms. I've also started taking fluoxetine for the anxiety.

Unsustained clonus and hyperreflexia are both normal variants. They can also be made worse or even be caused by anxiety. Your pediatrician wasn’t worried because they know this and because they were able to examine you. Please continue to work with your pediatrician and tell them that you got so worried you came here, find a trusted adult to talk to and please please stop googling and leave this site. The more you read the more anxious you will become.
good luck. I am going to close this thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back