Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
TW
State
TW
City
Taipei
Hello and thanks for reading my post. I'm a healthy 26M, with slight GERD problem. About a half year ago, I began feeling fasciculations in my left thigh, and later all over my body. I went to the neurologist and took EMG tests in my left hand, left biceps, left quadriceps and left gastrocnemius muscle. The doctor said there was no sign of ALS (increased insertional activities in left gastrocnemius muscle and small-amplitude polyphasic wave in left Biceps).
Yet recently, my muscles twitched more frequently, especially in the neck and in in the cheeks. I noticed the fasciculations in my tongue and the scallop-shaped tongue. I tend to clear my throat while eating but not yet choked, and sometimes feeling that saliva dripping from the corner of my mouth, but I don't think the secretion is increasing. I just wondered if these symptoms were sign of bulbar onset, because some of them sound like bALS symptoms but I don't have slurring speech also not quite sure if I have dysphagia. I'm very worried. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

I can assure you there is nothing of ALS in what you are describing.
Please go back to your doctor and work through this with them.

Thanks for the reply. I have an appointment with my neurologist next month. He gave me some Rivotril to calm my twitches last time, but it doesn't seem to work recently. I began to have shaky limbs and rhythmic spasms in almost every part of the body (one part a time, and last for one or two days). I just don't know if BFS can be like this. Feeling quite anxious, honestly.

Please go back and discuss with your doctor, twitching means nothing. Anxiety is awful to experience, your doctor can help you.

Yes I will. Thank you for your advice. Twitching everywhere is really freaking me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back