00/0000
Country
US
State
WV
City
Nitro
Hello.
For the last week or so I have been worried about bulbar onset ALS. No weakness, no slurring words, and can swallow food/liquids but I feel as though my voice is somewhat scratchy sometimes. My concern that it is effecting my voice box or somewhere in that region. Does that sound like something I need to be concerned with? I have had some twitches around the mouth area but I do twitch all over from BFS.

In the past I have had EMG on my legs and it came back fine, but I know bulbar effects the different muscles.

No, a scratchy voice is likely GERD or allergies. Even a dirty furnace filter can make it worse -- make sure you're changing those at least every quarter. I'd keep hydrated and try a throat spray, sugar-free cough drop or nasal steroid if the scratchiness persists. But there is no reason to think of ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you very much.

ALS in bulbar form wouldn’t be messing with my voice box would it? Like I mentioned, I can swallow and nobody has said anything about my speech. I do talk still but sometimes it’s scratchy.

If no one says anything about your speech, and it's just scratchy at times, that's not ALS, as per above.

Hello! My calf muscle has been having quite a bit of twitching in the same spot for the last 6 days or so. For about a day and a half it was better, but now it’s back. I do have widespread twitching everywhere and have for awhile as well but I worry when it gets in one spot like it is that it’s not a good sign and something could be wrong.

Please stay on one thread. I have merged your threads

no cause for worry it is common in benign twitches to have a focal point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back