PALS
Country
UK
State
england
City
england
Hi, Im a 25 year old male from england.

For the past the 3 weeks iv been having some weird symptoms and stupidly looked them up on the internet and now im a bit concerned i have ALS.

It started with what i would call twitches in my arm but looking at some sites they might not be what they are called.

They 1st occurred when i was resting i would have involuntary movements /twitches in my arm where my right arm would just move on its own and jolt. Then my right leg has started doing the same and now my neck. They have now become more frequant and not just when im resting.

I have also had a pain in my right arm.

I have had an MRI done relating to other problems about a month ago and everything was fine.

Im worried this might be ALS.

Does this this sound like something that might occur?

If you REALLY think you have als, then go to your GP...who will either tell you it is something else or if he thinks it is possible then you should get a referral within 2 weeks to a neuro...als is one of the things that is supposed to be fast tracked on the NHS. No point you worrying any longer than necessary...BUT for what it is worth I dont think it is als....My GP said straight away he thought I had bulbar onset...I had not even looked stuff up...I saw a neuro the next day, who thought it was bulbar...then had all the tests done and had it confirmed in just over a month....So go and put your mind to rest...

Hi, meme ... it doesn't sound like ALS to me, either. Benign twitches are very common in the human body, but since you are having pain, too, I'd suggest you see your doctor again. (Pain is NOT a symptom of ALS, so don't worry about that.)

Good luck.

1st off thank you for your kind response's and the time you have taken to reply it really is appreciated.

Just to keep you updated i went to my dr today who knows im quite an anxious person and did a quite neurology exam and doesn't think nothing is wrong with me but to put me at rest she has written a referral to a neurologist and i have an appointment done privately on Thursday

Once again thanks for the response :-D

I'm glad you have a caring doctor, and will be seeing a neuro. Please let us know what the outcome is.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back