Not open for further replies.

HrzYo97

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PT
I've been feeling inconsisting twitches all over my body, it started on my left hand 4 months ago. From there, i started to notice some buzzing one my arms and legs and also some feelings of numbness randomly on my body including on my right knee and tip og my right toe. It is getting worse as sometimes i feel some funny sensations on my eyebrows and face cheeks and also some brain fog. I went to 3 different neurologists. I did an EMG and brain MRI and both came out normal. I'm afraind both tests might have been done too soon to the point of no lesions were present yet at that time. My clinical examination in all 3 neurologists were normal, except for a "slight" hyperrreflexia on my right leg. In spite of all the examination, I'm afraid I might be undiagnosed. Can you help me? I know It might not be the worst symptoms ever, but I'm having a hard time dealing with this fear of MS or ALS, especially this last one.

Hello-

Please read here: Read Before Posting for information about twitching and sensory issues. It's not really clear what you are looking for with regards to this forum helping you. You've been cleared by 3 neurologists- and an EMG, and MRI have also cleared you of both MND and MS. The people here would not disagree with them.

I hope you will be able to move on from your anxiety over MND or MS. If the worry is overwhelming, perhaps this is what you need to seek help for as you also work with your doctors to track down possible causes of your symptoms. It should be noted that COVID can have long lasting symptoms, some neurological, even if the initial symptoms are mild or undetected.

Hopefully you read the link supplied by Shiftkicker and realised that the EMG was not done too early. You have no symptoms suggesting ALS at all, and your exams and tests have cleared you.

Congratulations indeed! Please take your concerns back to your doctor and let them get to the root cause and treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back