Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BR
State
RJ
City
Rio de Janeiro
Hj, I'm from Brazil and about 5 days ago I started to experience a twiching in my left triceps. I was doing more frequent exercises a week before, and started to punch holding a 6 pound dumbbels, the day before the Twitch started I had stress and insomnia. I usually dont have twitches and this isn't stoping as time passes. The twitch worses when I lay down and stops if I strech my left arm.
I have been very anxious about the possibility of this to be an early sign of als. I did many tests with my body and arms by myself and havent notice any muscle weekness, problems with balance or coordination problems.
My question is, could a localized twitch without other symptons ever be an early sign of ALS?
Thanks for all replies and support and sorry to take your time, but Im very worried.

Hello- please read here Read Before Posting
It explains about twitching, etc, as lots of people come here after searching "twitching" online and immediately fear the worst, despite experiencing no real signs of ALS.

Self testing can be a sign of anxiety more than anything else and achieves nothing. If you have concerns, your first stop should be your family doctor- but again, just twitching can mean anything from strain to virus to absolutely nothing at all.

Please take care.

Thanks for the reply, the twitches got a little better, but I still have them, there were two days when the tríceps twitches went away completely for hours. Still dont have any weakness, atrophy, cramps, loss of coordination and the twitches are only in my triceps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back