Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Hudsonville
Hi im a native American 33 year old and suffer from anxiety bipolar. I've been noticing and feeling twiching some on my leg and when i hold my arm out for a few. Been to 3 doctor's and they told me im fine even with crampy feeling on arm. Been going on for weeks maybe longer and i didn't notice them. I can life things fine. They told me anxiety and my pills. Don't know why when i look up symptoms als comes up and it scares me.

Hey there. Your doctors are right that anxiety/mood meds are the likely culprit. They affect brain chemistry and your central nervous system in a variety of ways. A change in dose, a high period of stress or long term use can all give you inconvenient and worrying symptoms.

You are correct that Dr Google tends to be alarmist about simple symptoms. If you looked up coughing or headache, lung cancer and brain tumors can be in the results.

If you are concerned about your symptoms, work with your doctor to find the source. If you just tell them you're afraid of having ALS, they will only seek to tell you you don't have it. If you tell the doctor your symptoms and how it affects your day to day life, they might have some solutions. Perhaps a change in meds might help mitigate some of your symptoms.

Best wishes

Thank you so much and best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back